Notices

Looking looking looking

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 01:47 AM
Vitulla
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EDoyle
Hello Danny, Ethan here who bought a Rabbit off you a few years back..glad to see you are looking to buy one of these little cars.

It could be painful but take your time looking for the right one. There are so many examples that are time/money hungry and will eat up a budget fast. My current car was in good shape but had not undergone its 60k maintenance at 63k Miles. Replacing some dried-up rubber bits and bringing everything up to date was a fast 3k spent and this was doing ALL the work myself and shopping for the parts. As well, most of these cars are on their original suspension which doesn't drive as tight as one might wish for in a car of it's caliber so chasing the ideal Porsche driving experience could cost a bit more off the starting line.

I have no doubt that once you find a car you will adopt it and make it perfect as I remember you being the type of person that does things right.

My 993 is Tiptronic so if ever you are thinking of making the compromise and buying one to fit your budget (just like I did) I will be more than happy to let you take it for a spin.

E.
Ethan
Nice to see you around!

To be honest, I have found a 993, had a PPI done and verbal agreement with owner, in fact looking at your posts, you know the car too...the aventurine green one. I was suppose to take possession of the car 2 fridays ago...The owner still complained that it was not like it once was. It had a fender bender in the front corner last year. Since it has been repaired he had gotten it aligned at Touchette, and although it drove better, it was not "perfect". So we delayed the delivery date and took an appointment at WeTune, to see if it was the alignment.

At WeTune, Andrew put in on the machine and noticed right away the alignment was all off. But he can make no adjustments as the front right suspension component had no more "give". Andrew asked the owner if he can make sure the car is 100% straight before taking the whole suspension apart and basically guessing which piece of the suspension is bent.

That leaves us with the owner of the car coming back from a 2 week vacation from Europe this week and the hunt for what exactly is bent. Im very hopeful it is not the frame, im crossing my fingers to have good news either this week or next...

Take care
Danny
Old 08-12-2014, 11:23 PM
EDoyle
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

These cars can take some punishment, I would be surprised if the frame was actually bent to the point that drivability is affected. That car is very nice and the owner seems to be a stand-up guy by the looks of it. I wish you the best in your negotiations and hope it works out!

Keep us posted.

E.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:31 AM
BeachBoy
Racer

Ethan did I see you at the MR cars and coffee? With the red interior slate gray 993 tip? I have the 964 targa.

Cool name, My kid is named Ethan
Old 08-18-2014, 01:24 PM
Kacey
Instructor

buy this
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camions...ationFlag=true
Old 08-18-2014, 11:05 PM
EDoyle
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BeachBoy
Ethan did I see you at the MR cars and coffee? With the red interior slate gray 993 tip? I have the 964 targa.

Cool name, My kid is named Ethan
Yes that's me, hope you are thoroughly enjoying your Targa.

..Only problem with a cool name like Ethan is spelling it out on a daily basis for french people that have never heard of such a name...but it's a tradeoff that is worthwhile hehe.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:37 AM
BeachBoy
Racer

Try spelling out Etienne on a hourly basis when living in the US with a French name like that... heheh

Quick Reply: Looking looking looking