Notices

E-Test in Ottawa region

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 11:48 AM
pkjense
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Test in Ottawa region

Just when you think you are in the clear... I had to do the etest yesterday on the 951 and failed miserably, even though I leaned the fuel map to the 14.5-15.0 range. Static test at idle and 2500 RPMs. No CAT. The first test a few years ago passed fine even though it was tuned waaay richer. As the engine had ben replaced they did it as a 'hotrod'.

This time no luck. They said they just put the VIN in the machine and it picks the standards. That being said my numbers are way up for CO &HC. Any thoughts? oil is fresh, tune is good, O2 Sensor working (it has an AFR readout), plugs fresh. I am running a mix of vpower and probably still some 105 race fuel. Some suggest running the green ethanol low octane just for the test as it burns actually faster than high test and is designed for lower emissions.

I don't think spending $ 450 on a CAT will help, as it passed really well without it before. A newspaper article recently reported that since they changed the test equipment as many as 1 in 2 cars are failing!

Any thoughts?
Old 06-02-2013, 07:08 PM
pkjense
Racer

I passed! I think the biggest difference was changing testing sites...
Old 06-03-2013, 03:47 PM
vipola
Racer

Lol.. and the bottle of Gin left on the Seat?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:42 PM
pkjense
Racer

This is Ontario, that doesn't work (unfortunately)
Old 06-21-2013, 05:14 PM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Probably a new software revision.

My 928 GT passed, but the test took longer (probably to heat up the cats as I consume a little too much oil)

The reality is a perfect tuned car does not need cats except at start up when the mixtures are richer or heavy load (full throttle) both of which are not tested here in Ontario.

Quick Reply: E-Test in Ottawa region