Rennsport policy on Coolant fittings?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:42 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Guys, here are a few "considerations":
1) Pin or weld the fittings voids your warranty according to PCNA.

2) Water wetter or equivalent will ALSO void the warranty and could cause a failure of the AC condenser if you have AC. I believe the Redline web site suggests 20 percent antifreeze when used with their product to avoid this problem.

In the US, NHSTA is now investigating the "dump coolant" problem and will hopefully force a recall to fix the problem.

RSR isn't comfortable with obliging people to void the warranty on their cars. On the other hand I've seen no reports of water wetter or equivalent causing problems with the AC condenser ....

Still losing 14 liters of coolant, especially the "permanent silicone based" fluid used by Porsche is dangerous and since it does not evaporate, we need to clean it up like an oil spill - which it is, and that takes an hour or more. Dammit.

Best,
Thanks Bob.
I may state same as I asked Prestige Porsche in early '13 about changing to water wetter and they confirmed in writing it would void my warranty....no question about it.
So no go on that subject.
Let's hope PCNA get forced into a recall and fix the problem once and for all
Old 05-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Radio996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's not just the GT3 it's the driver too !!

Who is he? Do you recognize the culprit? I certainly hope that he drank water-wetter prior to his track walk that evening.
This turn might be more slippery than usual this year!! Public advisory to use the wet lane all year.
Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2013, 11:18 AM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Message deleted.

Quick Reply: Rennsport policy on Coolant fittings?