Rennsport policy on Coolant fittings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 05:08 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I am not sure why you guys keep talking about the guy behind you?
Because, unfortunately, the OP was "the guy behind [the GT3 spewing its guts all over the track]".
Old 04-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

just to clarify here,

my fitting didnt pop out

its a hose that opened in 2. This could of happened to everybody cars, not cause i have a gt3.

i also run watter wetter.

dont mix everything and put blame on me. My car is maintained at we tune like must of you, and i spend a premium $ on maintenance.

ps: everyone should check their insurance policy and make sure that they cover you on track. Thats the first thing!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Paseb
just to clarify here,

my fitting didnt pop out

its a hose that opened in 2. This could of happened to everybody cars, not cause i have a gt3.

i also run watter wetter.

dont mix everything and put blame on me. My car is maintained at we tune like must of you, and i spend a premium $ on maintenance.

ps: everyone should check their insurance policy and make sure that they cover you on track. Thats the first thing!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Dwane
Race Car

I don't think anyone was blaming you(or Wetune)
Pretty much a discussion, on a known problem, from what I just re-read.

Last edited by Dwane; 04-30-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm running water wetter....or am i? Mouhahhaha....come and follow me!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris R.
I'm running water wetter....or am i? Mouhahhaha....come and follow me!
I kept trying to get away from the water today but it was like it was chasing me all over the place
Old 05-02-2013, 01:12 AM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 139 Posts

Carm, that car you are driving looks great

Judging by the rear wheel skids, I think you need more aero...

Last edited by GentlemanRacer; 05-02-2013 at 01:13 AM. Reason: add
Old 05-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Carm, So how do you like it?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Guys, here are a few "considerations":
1) Pin or weld the fittings voids your warranty according to PCNA.

2) Water wetter or equivalent will ALSO void the warranty and could cause a failure of the AC condenser if you have AC. I believe the Redline web site suggests 20 percent antifreeze when used with their product to avoid this problem.

In the US, NHSTA is now investigating the "dump coolant" problem and will hopefully force a recall to fix the problem.

RSR isn't comfortable with obliging people to void the warranty on their cars. On the other hand I've seen no reports of water wetter or equivalent causing problems with the AC condenser ....

Still losing 14 liters of coolant, especially the "permanent silicone based" fluid used by Porsche is dangerous and since it does not evaporate, we need to clean it up like an oil spill - which it is, and that takes an hour or more. Dammit.

Best,
Old 05-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Dwane
Race Car

Carm, that video reminds me of the time Manny was sure he could get my C4 to drift in the skid pad....Kapriel told him it wouldn't happen...he tried his hardest....dump the clutch, hand brake, rev limiter....didn't happen!
Not an easy task to get the cars to drift....probably why Rennsport stopped the wet exercise for students.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:39 AM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GentlemanRacer
Carm, that car you are driving looks great

Judging by the rear wheel skids, I think you need more aero...
Vince, you had this car setup up perfect! Why you let me have it I will never be able to figure out. It was amazing to drive and my guess is I only drove it at about 6/10ths. That big *** wing sure makes it easy to take the fast corners in Tremblant. I was running on the street tires by the way. I will continue using the street tires to help me adapt to the car before I put on the R compounds you gave me. Based on your avatar looks like you went with a Cayman R that should be a hoot on the track. Let me know when you are in town
Old 05-02-2013, 11:41 AM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris R.
Carm, So how do you like it?
Wow! Wow! I guess what I am trying to say is I Liked It I really Liked It
Old 05-02-2013, 11:43 AM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dwane
Carm, that video reminds me of the time Manny was sure he could get my C4 to drift in the skid pad....Kapriel told him it wouldn't happen...he tried his hardest....dump the clutch, hand brake, rev limiter....didn't happen!
Not an easy task to get the cars to drift....probably why Rennsport stopped the wet exercise for students.
Hey Dwane, not an easy task for sure, there were a couple of Subaru's with us and that was fun to see their attempts.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:43 AM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau

2) Water wetter or equivalent will ALSO void the warranty and could cause a failure of the AC condenser if you have AC. I believe the Redline web site suggests 20 percent antifreeze when used with their product to avoid this problem.

In the US, NHSTA is now investigating the "dump coolant" problem and will hopefully force a recall to fix the problem.

RSR isn't comfortable with obliging people to void the warranty on their cars. On the other hand I've seen no reports of water wetter or equivalent causing problems with the AC condenser ....

Still losing 14 liters of coolant, especially the "permanent silicone based" fluid used by Porsche is dangerous and since it does not evaporate, we need to clean it up like an oil spill - which it is, and that takes an hour or more. Dammit.

Best,
^^ Back to the regularly scheduled program...

Bob, if I recall our conversation with Ron correctly he mentioned the main water failure is the main top and bottom hose itself. Especially the top main water hose. He changes those 2 hoses for his customers every 2 years.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:49 PM
kristob
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau

Best,

So Porsche backs us into a corner...address their shortcoming and lose your warranty, or risk dumping coolant and causing an accident. Nice choices...

Quick Reply: Rennsport policy on Coolant fittings?