Notices

Would you street park your Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Spencer Wong
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you street park your Porsche?

Just moved to South East London from the New York, renting a house here, no driveway so will need to street park. This has dashed my dreams of getting anything really nice (had my eyes on 997 Turbo)...but I still want to get something I won't mind street parking (one of these narrow roads with cars parked on both sides and ends up being a one way where people give way)

New budget is around £10K...thinking 2006 987 Boxster S. Wifey says it will inevitably get dinged randomly when it's street parked and says it's not worth it.

Alternative I'm considering is S2000...which I would probably worry less about than a Porsche.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:43 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencer Wong
Just moved to South East London from the New York, renting a house here, no driveway so will need to street park. This has dashed my dreams of getting anything really nice (had my eyes on 997 Turbo)...but I still want to get something I won't mind street parking (one of these narrow roads with cars parked on both sides and ends up being a one way where people give way)

New budget is around £10K...thinking 2006 987 Boxster S. Wifey says it will inevitably get dinged randomly when it's street parked and says it's not worth it.

Alternative I'm considering is S2000...which I would probably worry less about than a Porsche.
Or just get a Boxster that already has a few random dings so the new ones wont hurt your eyes as much (worked like that for my Cayenne anyway). I would think the S2000 will get more dings due to it probably having lighter panels, and also maybe getting a bit less respect from people opening their car doors. Loved driving a friend's S2000 once over country roads with him yelling "keep going - don't shift" as the revs soared like crazy before every gearchange. Then we almost died after stopping for an intersection as they have no torque to speak of so it took an age to pull away and pick up speed. So for the cut and thrust of city traffic I'd pick the Boxster myself. B-road blasts, either would do.

Last edited by 996tnz; 03-02-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Would you street park your Porsche?