Lhd / Rhd

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RHD is easily better!

Originally posted by Wikkid911
Well, I apologize for bursting in on your left hand drive party but sorry lads RHD is way better. The RHD car demands a premium because thats how cars for this country were designed. Easier overtaking, easier drive thru's etc etc etc.

But the real reason is that, and i'm dreading typing this cos I know you boys aint gonna be happy, but lhd cars look cheaper. Because they are. And people know they are too. Sorry.
But thats why I stuck with RHD. All my cars have been RHD and always will be as long as I live in the UK.

Anyway, sorry to interrupt.

Dave

1) What are drive thru's.
2) I'll inform Nick Mason that his £2mm LHD 250GTO looks cheap.
3) Cheapness is in the eye of the white car drving person from Manchester.

Old 12-23-2003, 12:20 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to drive a left hooker. In this country they are no fun. A right hooker is always going to have the advantage when overtaking in heavy traffic.
Especially if your behind a truck. There is also a dangerous blind spot on your right in your rear view mirror. I near killed a bloke on a bike once cos I didn't see him. Then of course there is always the issue at the toll. Going thru the Mersey tunnel each day was a bind. I can't say I don'y like left hookers because I think driving on the right is well....err....right. But in the UK a RHD is much more practical. IMHO I don't think they look cheaper but because they have a limited market they are often not wanted as much as a right hooker so they have to be priced right to sell them. Hence they are cheaper. But look at it this way, you could always drive the car over to the continent and sell it there and get a good price for it.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:35 AM
Greg_L
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Re: RHD is easily better!

Originally posted by Roygarth
Dave

1) What are drive thru's.
2) I'll inform Nick Mason that his £2mm LHD 250GTO looks cheap.
3) Cheapness is in the eye of the white car drving person from Manchester.

Old 01-03-2004, 09:23 PM
UKKid35
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Both the bonnet release and more importantly the throttle cable routing is a bit of a mess in a RHD 928, whereas they're short straight runs in a LHD. Pedals are perfect though, no offset at all.

In Japan (where they also drive on the left) LHD Porsches demand a premium over the RHD versions as that is how they were originally designed.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:37 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all in the mind! Yes there are some limiting factors to a LHD but my car is not used for the shopping trips. LHD is a doddle. Some people obviously have the cash to burn but I ain't going to waste money by getting a RHD car for a substantial premium - especially the RS. I want another sports car before I get too ancient in addition to the RS so I would chose to spend my money that way.

Harry

Quick Reply: Lhd / Rhd