Goodwood Revival - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Goodwood Revival

Old 11-30-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Goodwood Revival

Thinking of going to Goodwood in September any info or suggestions for hotels, tickets, etc. would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rich
TampaBay Florida
uscarrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:24 AM   #2
Oil_Slickrick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscarrera View Post
Thinking of going to Goodwood in September any info or suggestions for hotels, tickets, etc. would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rich
TampaBay Florida
The Goodwood revival? Not sure about tickets there is no cheap options and they sell fast - but they are likely on sale now!!!

We couldn't find any hotels close to Goodwood with rooms. So we stayed in Brighton. You get better food options in the evening in Brighton and just half an hour from Goodwood, when driving in look at the locals or get a good map as there are some back roads (Lanes) you can use to bypass a lot of traffic queues as good wood is out in the country otherwise its as you see it on the TV

O_Sr
Oil_Slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
Puf n Stuf
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rich,

The Revival is the best motor event I've been to and I look forward to it every year. It's sublime. Classic cars, automobilia, flying display, people watching. It's got it all.

I only live about 90 minutes away, and tend to only attend one day over the 3 day event. 4 of us hire a driver so we can have a drink or two (the driver plays golf while we party!).

You're travelling a long way so don't scrimp on cheap tickets. I've used 'The Mess' and can thoroughly recommend it. You get a lovely WW2 themed tent, with first class breakfast, lunch, tea, drinks, everything thrown in with your own table to come and go as you please throughout the day and situated right beside the track. The assembly area is adjacent so you'll get a great view of the cars just before they go on circuit.

As a bonus, The Mess has superb toilets, reserved for just for Mess pass holders - you'll be glad after all that food / drink and especially if your partner is fussy. Here you go: https://www.goodwood.com/hospitality...kuczdpcUAQ7.97

You don't have to wear period gear but most people do and you may feel disappointed with yourself if you don't. Military costumes are popular and easy but anything goes. I purchased some used stuff from a charity store - probably spent 25 quid on my outfit.

If you have any contacts with Bonhams, Rolex, or other sponsors - time to pull some strings. These guys usually run a slick operation at the event and if you can get in on their hospitality then good for you.

You'll have a great time.
Puf n Stuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:59 PM   #4
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thank you for info starting to plan for 2016
Rich
uscarrera is offline   Reply With Quote