Notices

Cross post - my car needs a new home!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cross post - my car needs a new home!

Hi all

Due to some financial and automotive restructuring, it is time for my car to find a new home - and a good one hopefully at that! I have owned the car from Oct 2001, and although I have had some trials and tribulations (due to my own incessant search for perfection more than anything else) it has been really very cool indeed to own an air-cooled Porsche....I am therefore posting here to reach out to the enthusiast community in order to offer a vehicle that is somewhat 'special' and will suit anyone who either already has a standard 964 and wants to liven it up, or someone who plans on buying a cheap 964 and dropping a good deal of cash with 9M (or similar).

Just to sum up the car in terms of kit:

1990 Guards Red Carrera 2 (no aircon).

Complete new engine rebuild 600 miles ago with the following enhancements to engine:

9M 3.8 Pistons and cylinders
9M Sprint cams
Carillo conrods
Ported heads/case
New bottom end bearings (as part of rebuild)
Titanium valve train
Larger Bosch injectors
Motec Engine Management (WITH KNOCKLINK)
964 RS brakes
9M quaife style LSD
Veloce GT wheels
RS flywheel and clutch (no stalling issues)
Full H&R coilovers WITH RS adjustable anti-roll bars.

Dyno results - 371hp (corrected - 325rwhp approx.) and 462nM torque. I have posted curves previously, but can do so again. All documentation from 9M for the work completed is available.

Cosmetically, the car needs some work. It has been suggested to me that the oxidisation on one side can be polished out and covered by Permaguard or similar which will leave the car looking good for a few years as the rest of the paintwork is indeed pretty much in clean Guards red condition! Many here have seen the car so I am and will be honest of course. The car now has Motec Knocklink installed which is a clean little box installation on top of the steering column which would warn of any bad fuel causing a problem before it damages anything! I have an advisory that the front tyres need replacing within a few thousand miles from the last MOT - they are SO2's all round.

The H&R coilover suspension is about 30k miles old, the RS bars add stiffness and the sort of go-kart steering response one would expect. The car is currently set up with catbypass and cup pipe, and passes MOT without problems.For trackdays, I would recommend that a tailpipe type silencer or similar is used to pass noise tests.

This car is probably one of the quickest road-focussed 964's in the UK. I have totted up the cost of the *parts alone* on this car and they total around £20,000 - no labour included! Basically GT3 performance, in a 964 body with the raw feel and sound of the aircooled cars. IMHO, all you need to do is to replace the old power seats with Cobra/Recaro items, the car should be weighing in just under 1300kgs (it was 1320kgs with half tank of fuel last time I weighed it).

I will be sad to see it go, please PM me if you are interested in making a fair offer or have any questions.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Christer,

Sorry to hear that you are selling the 964 to pay for your fuel bills in the 540. Good luck with finding a replacement. As someone who has seen your car I can vouch for it being a mean sounding thing!

Cheers,

David

Quick Reply: Cross post - my car needs a new home!