Notices

Any events in southern UK in June?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Bob Prosser
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any events in southern UK in June?

Hi. I'll be in the south of England on business -- London, Henley and Sussex -- from June 19 to July 2. I will have my family with me, but was wondering if I should cut-out for a day or so to see any racing or Porsche-related events.

Also, I may drive from London to Eastbourne, and was wondering if you know if it's possible to hire a Porsche -- tiptronic only -- not going to try and shift with my left hand, thank you very much.

If you have any thoughts, please let me know here or by email to bobp@autoworldmarketing.com
Old 06-05-2005, 04:14 AM
BobM
AutoX

Originally Posted by Bob Prosser
Hi. I'll be in the south of England on business -- London, Henley and Sussex -- from June 19 to July 2. I will have my family with me, but was wondering if I should cut-out for a day or so to see any racing or Porsche-related events.
You ought to try to get to the Goodwood Festival of Speed - http://www.goodwood.co.uk/
Old 06-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Bob Prosser
Addict
Rennlist Member

Goodwood ... yes! That's absolutely perfect -- I'll be traveling from Henley-on-Thames to Eastbourne right about then. Bob, thank you for the heads-up on that. I owe you one.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:11 AM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi,

Bob, be sure to have ordered your tickets by internet! They won't sell any at the gate.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:49 PM
BobM
AutoX

Sad thing is my local Porsche Centre called me offering some hospitality tickets, but I couldn't get out of work
Old 07-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BobM
Sad thing is my local Porsche Centre called me offering some hospitality tickets, but I couldn't get out of work
And you tell me this only NOW!

Anyway this was my first time there, and it was an amazing one!
I've never seen so much intersting cars and bikes so close and running on a track.
I think that you british are the only one on Earth able to create that kind of events with all the atmosphere going with it!

Cheers
Old 07-08-2005, 03:45 AM
BobM
AutoX

Glad you enjoyed it JP - I've yet to make it to Goodwood, it's a busy time of year for me in work. Folks I know reckon it's about the best petrolhead event of the year.

One day ...

Quick Reply: Any events in southern UK in June?