924 owner says hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 05:39 PM
924gtreplicator
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 924 owner says hello

Hi,

I just thought I would say hello and risk being stoned.

As a 924 owner I get used to all the 'not a real Porsche' criticism and to be honest I actually believed it until I bought one and researched the roots of the 924.

Anyway, I live in Nottinghamshire and have recently purchased this '81 924 2.0l which is in need of some work (mainly electrical faults and exterior bodywork/interior trim tidying.

I could never afford a 911/993/996 and the 924 is my first Porsche. I appreciate its no supercar at the moment but have aspirations to a better, more powerful 924 GT replica - the ultimate incarnation of the model for the road.

I am having to replace the front wings/bumper/valance due to prior owner accident damage and like the look of the Carrera GT parts.

I have just purchased some 924S front struts and rear torsion bar assembly in order to upgrade the handling/braking of the car, maybe with a view to a later 931 (924T) engine swap at a later date.

I am also replacing the interior as the brown/beige Pasha trim is worn and not particularly my style. I have just purchased some more tasteful black/grey pinstripe seats to address this.

I am carrying out all modifications using OEM new parts where possible and quality replica parts where not.

I could never afford a 911/993/996 and the 924 is my first Porsche. I appreciate its no supercar at the moment but have aspirations to a better, more powerful 924 GT replica - the ultimate incarnation of the model for the road.

Do you guys find this comical/sacriledge?
Old 06-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi,
and welcome.
A Porsche is a Porsche is a Porsche.

You may not be able to afford a 9XX yet, but who knows what the future holds.
At least you have some good taste.

Tito.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:27 AM
Bins
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wecome....

Plenty to learn from this site....
Old 06-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome aboard!

It doesn't matter what type of Porsche it is; the main thing is that you are looking after it and keeping it on the road. Sounds like it should look really good when you have finished though it's a shame that you don't like the Pasha trim - that is so appropriate for the age of the car.

Cheers,

David

Quick Reply: 924 owner says hello