UK baby seat for 993?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Question UK baby seat for 993?

Hi Everyone,

I know that there have been some posts in the past on baby seats but can anyone recommend a UK available seat that I can use for my daughter (currently seven weeks old though I'll wait until I can use a forward facing seat)?

Cheers,

David
Old 05-28-2004, 08:04 PM
David M
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David,

I bought a Porsche Prince seat for my son and you can get this at any OPC. Fits well but the seat is static so no reclining, etc.

Dave.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Singh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

David

A Klippan futura can be fitted to the back, I've got two of them! If you take the car to a place in Stanmore called quickfit belts, they fit an extension to the belts in the back and set it up for you. They can sell you the seat too.

Ajit.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:17 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Hi Ajit,

Thanks for the tip. I don't want to alarm you but when I did a search looking for this seat I found this old Consumer Association press release on crash testing which does not think a lot of the seat. It may be a prior model? It might be worth checking up on just to be on the safe side.

Cheers,

David

http://www.which.net/media/pr/jul01/...childseat.html
Old 06-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Singh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crikey thats scary! The seat was sold to us with baby seat of the year awards blah blah blah by some seemingly numpty magazine.

We only use the seats as booster seats now so i think its less of an issue. Rear seats in a 911 are virtually booster seats themselves!

Ajit.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Bins
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I happened to be at Halfords on Saturday looking at bikes.
Since I didnt have anything better to do, I asked them to see if the maxi cosi rodi would fit in the back of the 993.
It did fit but the main problem seems to be that the rear seat belts are not long enough, regardless of the baby seat.
This agrees with a few others experiences that the rear seat belts will have to be extended.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:45 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Hi Ajit,

I think you are correct. I assume that any seat that fits in the back will be a pretty snug fit! I don't think you have any issues as a booster seat. That press release was three years old so for all we know the model that you have may not even be the same seat. I assume from Bin's message that the real issue is getting lengthened seat belts.

Bins - I'll compare notes with you on that other seat.

Cheers,

David

Quick Reply: UK baby seat for 993?