Notices

Can anybody recommend a Porsche Service Center in the London area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Keyvan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anybody recommend a Porsche Service Center in the London area?

I currently go to the HR Owen center in staples corner and I am not happy with their service...no attention to detail and they can't seem to solve my engine problem because 'no lights are coming on in the cluster'.

Just wanted to know if anybody knew of any porsche centers that actully have full time technitions and can solve problems on cars that are still under warranty?!? It's funny how all service centers can find all sorts of problem when your out of warranty but when your under warranty they can't find a thing.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:13 AM
pjc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't AFN a Centre in London somewhere? There must be a dealer list in with the handbook. As things stand (likely to change soon through EU law)
only work by Official Porsche Centres ensures warranty continuity I believe.
May I suggest that if the car is still under Warranty and you are unhappy with Owen then contact Porsche at Reading.

PJC
Old 04-12-2004, 01:05 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

AFN have a OPC just off Chiswick roundabout, and another one at Park Lane.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:49 AM
Bins
Addict
Rennlist Member

Theres Porsche East London in Stratford. Pretty close to Pudding Mill Lane DLR

http://www2.uk.porsche.com/english/g...er/default.htm
Old 04-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Stay aawy from East London OPC - bunch of tossers. They knicked 2 bottles of Klasse out of my brother's 996 and then gave him a £100 credit against them! That was after they sat on his order for a new 996 for 2 years and then wrote a letter of apology to him for not fulfilling his order - he got his C16 from Germany in the end.

I also had a veryc condescending conversation with them a few years ago when I considered buying a Boxster - they wouldn't even let me test drive one.

If you want OPC - try Colchester; its a bit of a way for you but their service is outstanding and they alwasy have time to talk to you about your car.

Surj
Old 04-19-2004, 10:44 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

If it is not a service item and you get desperate for assistance then JZ Machtech is an excellent independent and does a lot of work on new cars - they are in Kings Langley (NE M25). AFN Chiswick seem OK but don't let them valet your car or even wash it as they managed to scratch my week old paintwork and it took me six months to wash off the strange white staining that appeared on my blackwork when they washed the car.

Cheers,

David
Old 04-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

Why is it that London official dealers just do not offer the level of service that you should expect? It is almost as if we are doing them a favour.

Unfortunately this does not seem to be limited to Porsche. A friend of mine with a brand new CLK 320 could not get the time of day from the MB dealer on the Finchley Rd. However in Walsall he gets the service he expects.

Is it that there are too many fools that part with their cash in London too easily?

Having said that the Dealer at Hatfield have been straight up with me.

Tito.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:20 PM
Keyvan
Racer

Well i'm gonna take my car to Staples Corner one more time. If they screw up one more time...
Old 04-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Bins
Addict
Rennlist Member

You could try their main site at Hatfield
Old 04-21-2004, 11:18 PM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have used both Staples corner and Hatfield.

I would agree that Hatfield are definately the more curtious and professional of the two.

Additionally for the non OPC route. JZ are very good and I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Tito.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:55 PM
paul s uk
Instructor

Caveman - thats very interesting. I had my car serviced at Chiswick. They gave it a complimentary wash.

The following morning I noticed it was badly scratched where the guy must have washed it before hosing it off and picked up some grit.

Fortunately, I already had my chips-away man coming to give the car its annual birthday and he was able to polish out the scratch so I didn't make a thing of it. But it makes you think.

Also, wouldnt you think that after a bill of over £1k they could have given me a new £7 key fob free of charge? Did they like hell!

Quick Reply: Can anybody recommend a Porsche Service Center in the London area?