Notices

South Florida dealers/service

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:30 AM
dr90254
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so I went to collection yesterday, even though it's more expensive I figured whatever, its only money and this is money I'm spending on my baby......anyways, make a long story short they promised me that they would have a loaner ready for me when I got there at 7pm....no loaner. so I said forget it, if they can't even get their act together, I am going to go somewhere else for the service, like Champion. I think I"m spoiled bc in LA there are like 11 Porsche dealers and they all WANT you...and the service is phenomenal, as a result. Oh well. Guess I will call Champion now.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:19 PM
lithium1330
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I just came back from Champion for warranty work on the silly radio... In @ 7:30 and out by 9. Service rep (Bradley) was very helpful. They were busy... bays were far from empty, cars moving in/out.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:43 PM
drmatera
Instructor

First impressions are crucial. I'm amazed at how many businesses don't take the time to welcome new customers. I've never had service work done at Champion, but I have delt with their parts dept. Very helpfull guys and never saw any attitude even looking for the simplist part.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:04 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dr90254
so I went to collection yesterday, even though it's more expensive I figured whatever, its only money and this is money I'm spending on my baby......anyways, make a long story short they promised me that they would have a loaner ready for me when I got there at 7pm....no loaner. so I said forget it, if they can't even get their act together, I am going to go somewhere else for the service, like Champion. I think I"m spoiled bc in LA there are like 11 Porsche dealers and they all WANT you...and the service is phenomenal, as a result. Oh well. Guess I will call Champion now.
There are a few good independents here in Miami as well. I'd strongly recommend Fiorano Motorsports in Doral, its owned and run by ex Collection techs and they are reasonably priced too. Speak to Tony or Patrick if you call them.....
Old 08-28-2009, 12:12 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dr90254

For my own selfish reasons, who did you you talk to iniality to inform them you would like a loaner, and who told you that they didnt have one? If you dont remember names I understand.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Mabuhay
Racer

Originally Posted by lithium1330
I just came back from Champion for warranty work on the silly radio... In @ 7:30 and out by 9. Service rep (Bradley) was very helpful. They were busy... bays were far from empty, cars moving in/out.
How did they fix the radio?
Old 08-29-2009, 03:29 AM
lithium1330
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Armand
How did they fix the radio?
Hey Armand.. the radio works now. According to the work order, they reseted the radio by pulling and re-inserting the fuse, and did the "hand-over" procedure. Apparently it's common for CDR-24s to be problematic...so, we'll see how long this lasts.

Quick Reply: South Florida dealers/service