Notices

Obnoxious Tylenol Pop Up

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 03:05 PM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Obnoxious Tylenol Pop Up

WHEN are you going to pull that pop up ad??? It pops up when you scroll across & there is no way of closing it without exiting from RL.

As I said in my earlier email, for the sake of some revenue, you are going to lose people from the list. And if McNeil PPC thinks they are going to get more customers for tylenol with this tactic, they are wrong. We just searched our home & threw any we found in the garbage. And, will never buy it again. There are too many other options.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:47 PM
OpieT
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you have the adsdelivery1.com virus. Google it, seek and destroy. It's a bitch, miserable virus. Make sure your status bar is active (Tools...View settings) and watch the URL, that will tell you what's going on. It's not the website.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:59 PM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OpieT
I think you have the adsdelivery1.com virus. Google it, seek and destroy. It's a bitch, miserable virus. Make sure your status bar is active (Tools...View settings) and watch the URL, that will tell you what's going on. It's not the website.
No. Not the web site but the pop up. There is no way to close it. All normal pop ups have an "x" in the corner somewhere that closes it. Tylenol's is just a malicious PUp designed to give users a headache.

Here is URL when it is open: https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...ol-pop-up.html

Here is URL of what you get when you open "Find Out>": http://www.getreliefresponsibly.com/...d=60165127&kw=

Do you get a way to close it when you scroll over it?

None of the other banners on RL act like this one. That points the guilty finger at McNeil PPC.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:04 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Thanks for the detail, I'll ask IB Tech to remove that annoying ad!