Notices

iOS 8 and Rennlist

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Syd B.
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 339 Posts
Default iOS 8 and Rennlist

Since upgrading to Apple's new iOS 8 platform, my Rennlist login and password can't be remembered by Safari. In my travels to find out why, I came across this:

Access to Safari saved passwords - "Access will be granted only if both the app developer and website administrator have given their approval, and the user has given consent. App developers express their intent to access Safari saved passwords by including an entitlement in their app. The entitlement lists the fully qualified domain names of associated websites. The websites must place a CMS signed file on their server listing the unique app identifiers of apps they've approved. When an app with the com.apple.developer.associated-domains entitlement is installed, iOS 8 makes a TLS request to each listed website, requesting the file /apple-app-site-association. If the signature is from an identity valid for the domain and trusted by iOS, and the file lists the app identifier of the app being installed, then iOS marks the website and app as having a trusted relationship. Only with a trusted relationship will calls to these two APIs result in a prompt to the user, who must agree before any passwords are released to the app, or are updated or deleted."

Is there something that Rennlist has to do to allow passwords to be remembered?

Quick Reply: iOS 8 and Rennlist