Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

For iPad and iPhone I've found purify to be good. Available on App Store
Use Adblock plus on macs.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:24 AM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by i am a TRAITOR
This thread is in OT which is for paying members only. I have ads displayed if my blocker isn't turned on.
+1
Old 01-16-2017, 12:35 PM
drfous
Rennlist Member

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,085 Posts

AdBlock (the original)
Ghostery
uBlock
and one other

Belts and suspenders

IOS i use Crystal.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:17 PM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Could you recommend one that is easy to use and "safe"?
Adblock plus for Firefox
Old 01-16-2017, 07:19 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Could you recommend one that is easy to use and "safe"?
Depends on what your using.

If you use chrome get uBlock Origin, if you use something else search googlie.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:33 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

Just one more bit of commentary.

No one on here has said that you shouldn't use ad blocking software because you have a "Contract" with the webshıte, or your talking money away from them, or things will get more expensive. And I think that's because we are over the watershed where it is much more accepted than not.

but for those that are silently fuming, or our IB overlords. This is what I have to say about people that are opposed to ad blocking software.

Fsck Em.

They did it to themselves, vis-a-vis ads. Like this supposed credit card one that I have never seen, and knock on wood, never will. And no I'm not just talking about IB, I'm talking about the world wide webshıtes in general.

First they just went nuts. Throwing ads everywhere until sites were just unusable. For those of you that haven't, you will be amazed how much cleaner and more enjoyable the web is with an ad blocker.

But most importantly. Ads are no longer little images, or simple hyperlinks to some product. They are code that is put on your machine. Code that oftentimes is malicious. I'm not just talking about misleading promises to clean your registry, I'm talking bout out and out code that will install shıt on your computer that is dangerous to your privacy, and your computer.

Ads are pushed by 3rd parties. IB doesn't create this add and pay to put it on the site. They get paid by a third party who passes them a link to some code on their server, that IB, or any other site that uses ads, has not verfied the code, without fail at some point malware will be passed with an ad, which is what this credit card add sounds like.

You MUST use ad blocking software to protect your privacy, and the security of your computer. Understand you MUST do so, This is not an option. And yes good for asking for a reputable product to do this, there is evildoers in the ad blocking world. But you MUST get something.

And for webshıtes that withhold access or content to people that use ad blocking software.

Fsck em.

There has been more than one case of webshıtes saying you can't use ad blocking software on their site to very shortly be found out to be passing malware through ads. And I'm not talking fly by night, I'm talking webshıtes like Forbes.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:16 PM
Moondog4224
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
If you join Rennlist for a nominal fee, there are no ads. (I'm writing this from my iPhone so I can't see your user info, but I'm assuming you're a non-member). If I open Rennlist from a computer where I'm not automatically logged in I'm always surprised by the number of ads.
i am a member that is automatically signed in.... FYI
still pops up I will look at software mentioned

just bought purify we will see....

i dont mind an ad in my viewing this would make me have to close RL usually mid search.....

Quick Reply: Credit card ad closing rennlist