Notices

How Do I Embed a Video in a Post?

Old 02-16-2007, 03:41 AM
SharkSkin
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How Do I Embed a Video in a Post?

A lot of people have been wondering how to embed videos in forum posts, and I thought I'd share what I found. I initially had a little trouble with it myself, and in a fit of frustration I decided to

Your first stop trying to get fancy stuff to work with the forum software should be the vB Code List Page which is also linked at the bottom of (most)every forum page.

To show these examples in a way that prevents the forum software from just displaying the videos, I have inserted spaces in the video embedding code; remove all spaces between the first '[' and the last ']'. You can try a reply to this message with quotes to see the active code too. You don't have to post anything, just get this post quoted in a reply box so you can see what's going on.

YouTube:
What goes between the BB tags is whatever part of the URL comes after the '=' sign and before the first ampersand if there is one.

Original url -> "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UkCjNTfWnQ&search=928"

Embed code -> [ y t ] 9UkCjNTfWnQ [ / y t ]

Google:
As with YouTube, what goes between the BB tags is whatever part of the URL comes after the '=' sign and before the first ampersand if there is one.

Original url: -> "http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7856134727308903072&search=funny"

Embed code -> [ g o o g l e ] -7856134727308903072 [ / g o o g l e ]

ERROR: If you can see this, then Google Video is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Rennpository:
(I don't know anything about this, but it's listed on the vB Code List Page, so here's the example from the vB Code List page, though I can't get it to work. Maybe one of the mods will step in and either explain this or take down the reference. Either way I'd be happy to update this post with new info.

Original url: -> (unknown)

Embed code -> [ r p ] 35 [ / rp ]

Last edited by SharkSkin; 02-17-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:39 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

IB just added a YouTube button to help users embed their vids.

Click it (from the "go advanced" menu next to the "post quick reply" tab)

copy the video code from your browser's address bar

paste it between the brackets

and submit your reply.

Alternatively, you can simply type the code manually.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Nice example John. I bought some CDs at a garage sale and one of them was the Scorpions, good stuff. I like "No on like you" better though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Do I Embed a Video in a Post?