Denmark. Renting a P-car... Any tips? - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Denmark. Renting a P-car... Any tips?

Old 09-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
VincentMorin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Denmark. Renting a P-car... Any tips?

Hi guys! I'm in discussions to go work on-site for a client during 2 months in Denmark... I will miss my 911 dearly and was wondering if some members here could help me out finding a way to rent a Porsche over there... It could be directly rented from a fellow member if anybody is interested... A Cayman, a 997 or even a 996 would do... As long as it's manual I don't think I'll see a lot of snow but a 4 or 4S would be amazing as my car back home is a 4S. Also, I'm not looking for a new and expensive car... I'd like to keep the costs reasonable... I'm not afraid of a 100K car... I just love my P-cars!

I will most probably only drive around in Denmark and visit a friend in Hamburg but that's about it... I'll be mostly working for the 2 months (will only have my weekends to visit the country). Also, like the majority of Porsche owners, I take really good care of my cars.

If all goes well, I should be there by beginning of October and leave at end of November.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!
VincentMorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Turbodan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Since cars are not made in Denmark and taxes high cars are 3 times what they are in us. So may be hard to find a p car to rent maybe easier in Germany and drive there.
Turbodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
John 996 TT Cab
Addict
Rennlist Member

You can rent a Porsche from Avis in Germany but not cheap. Also, they only allow them to be taken to Germany, Switzerland and Austria I believe.

John in Vancouver
John 996 TT Cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 AM   #4
ramzez
User

I would contact the local danish Porsche importer http://www.mlagruppenleasing.dk/kontakt-os.aspx and ask about the possibilities for a 2 month lease (Flexleasing might work for you), but I would strongly recommend that you sit down and have a solid amount of your favourite sedative handy before reading the price. Also remember that gas is 2,5$ pr. liter in DK :-)
ramzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
VincentMorin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey guys! Old thread but just wanted to thank you all for the replies. Like you all said, prices where simply ridiculous! I ended up seeing one 911 during my stay over there… With German plates on it! Poor Danes… The government puts a 180% tax on all cars over there! I use to complain about the 5% + 9.5% tax over here… Now I love Canada
VincentMorin is offline   Reply With Quote