Notices

Importer bringing Porsches into France (Lyon?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 03:19 PM
grahamdxb
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Importer bringing Porsches into France (Lyon?)

I'm considering bringing my 997 Cab S from Dubai to France. Model year is 2007 and I've had it since Feb-10. I bought it from a dealer affiliated with an independent service shop (AR Motors) and discussed with them about a customer they had in France (I think it was Lyon) who was doing good business importing 996s and who they thought would be able to handle the import for me. Of course, I didn't make a note of the contact details at the time. Now that I'm doing the research properly, ARM have stopped selling cars and the guys in the workshop don't have any contact details for the ex-customer in France.

I know it's a long shot but the internet can be amazing sometimes... Does anyone here know who the importer in Lyon could be? Alternatively ae there any recommendations of people who can help arrange the import and registration in France? We have a house there but aren't (yet) permanent residents so it would be good to work with someone who knows the ropes.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:32 AM
sansara
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just done something similar. I imported my 997 GT3 from Abu Dhabi to Paris a month ago. I don't know of an importer in Lyon, but I used Trans Global Logistics at Le Havre to clear customs etc and SpeedStar in Paris are taking care of the homologation, registration etc. Send me a PM if you'd like further details.

Quick Reply: Importer bringing Porsches into France (Lyon?)