Notices

Need GPS help from Greece rennlisters

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 12:58 AM
PG993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need GPS help from Greece rennlisters

I thought I would try asking for some help in this forum. Sorry fo being a bit out off topic. I'm am coming over to Greece later this summer and I would like to have a GPS unit this time. The trouble is I can't seem to find one that has street level GPS maps for Greece (outside of Athens). What are my options?
Thanks for any help.

Paul
Old 07-03-2007, 05:55 AM
stv951
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts

thats a tough one.... Which areas would you be traveling to ?

Unfortunately there is not all of the country covered. You could get a hand held Navi, like Mio or other. Let me know if I can help
Old 07-03-2007, 09:47 AM
PG993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information. I'll be mostly in the south in Peloponesos around Kalamata, Pilos, Sparti. We are from that area so I know it but I would be more comfortable with a GPS in the car.

The Nuvi seems good but I dont think the standard European maps you get with it covers any of Greece. I see there is a separate chip for Greece and Italy. Do you know if this chip has coverage for Peloponesos.

Tom Tom also has European coverage but their web site does not show Greece included.

The mio available in Toronto does not come with European maps and they dont seem to be available to us.

What do you guys use for GPS in Greece?

Thanks
Paul

Quick Reply: Need GPS help from Greece rennlisters