Notices

WTB: Set of original 993 Turbo springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 05:58 AM
SLVR
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Set of original 993 Turbo springs

Well, now that I have settled on this side of the Atlantic for a while I'll be looking at finding a suspension that works better for me than the Eibachs.

Does anyone have a set of Turbo springs lying around that they want to part with? Perhaps even some shockabsorbers?

Rgds to all 'Eurolisters'

Louis
Old 03-23-2004, 08:40 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 442 Likes on 241 Posts

out of curiosity, have you considered Bilstein PSS9 or H&R coilovers? They seem to be a better option than 'DIY' spring and shock matching, especially if adjustable
Old 03-24-2004, 05:59 AM
SLVR
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Graham,

I think I have read every post on suspension set-ups in the last trhree years. Most Rennlisters have reported good results (for non-track cars) from combining RoW springs with Bilstein shockabsorbers, which is the way I want to go.

I don't use my car in a mode that would really take advantage of the PSS9 and I suspect H&R coilovers would be too low for my taste. According to the PPI last year I have Eibach springs with orig. US spec shocks now and the shocks are probably toast anyway after 35k miles. I have a problem with the low ride height of the Eibachs, I am just not carefull enough in daily life to keep front and rear from touching the street. Also, I really don't like the feel of the car over 160kph on the autobahn, very nervous, jumps a lot, probably partially coz the shocks are bad.

So, I am relying on the experience of Rennlisters for my choice of springs/shocks. Once I get that sorted, the nose comes off for a respray (it looks like a war broke out underneath it one day) and an FPB, together with new resistors for the fans.

Appreciate any input. Considering getting the whole set from Gert but curious if I could p/u springs from somebody who switched a turbo suspension to a coilover.

Quick Reply: WTB: Set of original 993 Turbo springs