Notices

Doubling down.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 09:18 AM
1 PGH 1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Doubling down.

Hey gents, I've remained a Rennlist member, but haven't posted since I sold my black 996 Targa two years ago.
Since then my bride and I downsized and reduced our car count to two. We kept the RR Evoque and I sold my CLK, which I replaced with a 4-season car, the often maligned AMG GLA 45. Too bad because this car is an absolute rocket with some practicality (awd, hatchback, dual-clutch) and is totally different from the non-AMG GLA.
This spring it came time to replace the RR. My bride wanted to 'take over' the AMG, which freed me up to find another car. I was concerned that the AMG would be too small to meet our 'suv' needs. So was looking at Macans and found a 2015 Turbo with 18,000 kms. The dealer was interested in my GLA as a trade .... and so last week we picked up the sweet Macan Turbo below, which my bride who just retired is now driving.
So that left me to trade the RR. I wanted something with 4-wheel drive that could get me around for most of the year. For the real ugly winter stuff, I could just use the Macan.
And that led me to the other beauty below, a 2011 C4S with just 12,000 km that I picked up yesterday.
... all is right with the world again
Attached Images   
Old 03-22-2017, 10:41 AM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Well done, a couple of beauty's there! Nothing like doubling down! Enjoy!
Old 03-22-2017, 11:07 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

congrats on the beautifies. you're my hero!

Originally Posted by 1 PGH 1
Hey gents, I've remained a Rennlist member, but haven't posted since I sold my black 996 Targa two years ago.
Since then my bride and I downsized and reduced our car count to two. We kept the RR Evoque and I sold my CLK, which I replaced with a 4-season car, the often maligned AMG GLA 45. Too bad because this car is an absolute rocket with some practicality (awd, hatchback, dual-clutch) and is totally different from the non-AMG GLA.
This spring it came time to replace the RR. My bride wanted to 'take over' the AMG, which freed me up to find another car. I was concerned that the AMG would be too small to meet our 'suv' needs. So was looking at Macans and found a 2015 Turbo with 18,000 kms. The dealer was interested in my GLA as a trade .... and so last week we picked up the sweet Macan Turbo below, which my bride who just retired is now driving.
So that left me to trade the RR. I wanted something with 4-wheel drive that could get me around for most of the year. For the real ugly winter stuff, I could just use the Macan.
And that led me to the other beauty below, a 2011 C4S with just 12,000 km that I picked up yesterday.
... all is right with the world again
Old 03-22-2017, 05:51 PM
bmichael
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Double Blue
Every time I wash the midnight blue metallic I promise myself never to buy another dark car . . . .but promises are made to be broken.
Thanks Terrance and sorry Glen, I got mine first

Old 03-22-2017, 08:15 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice! Welcome back!

Quick Reply: Doubling down.