Notices

McLaren destroyed

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 03:27 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by fanny bay r1
Wow in Richmond that would have knocked the "N" off!!
LOL
Old 03-11-2017, 06:54 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bet he doesn't drive another Mac in the future.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rideau
Let me see....23 year old male, with a friend, impaired, cold pavement, just took delivery of vehicle, 600 hp....what could go wrong?
Does insurance cover this if he is found guilty of impaired driving?
NO! Only damage to other peoples property under public liability and of course passenger injuries (reimbursing OHIP). The actual car will not be covered under the act where a conviction of DWI occurs. They will hold out any settlement until the legal issues are settled. He just bought a wreak and or has bank payments for no car. If its leased - the company (or bank) can ask for immediate full payment. In most cases the loan is secured on value of car so loan could be called. He'll also have to pay for towing and impound charges until police release the wreak and his insurance won't do that either. The hydro box he wiped out plus overtime, firefighter responses etc and any other damage are a bills sent directly to him as well.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:51 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
NO! Only damage to other peoples property under public liability and of course passenger injuries (reimbursing OHIP). The actual car will not be covered under the act where a conviction of DWI occurs. They will hold out any settlement until the legal issues are settled. He just bought a wreak and or has bank payments for no car. If its leased - the company (or bank) can ask for immediate full payment. In most cases the loan is secured on value of car so loan could be called. He'll also have to pay for towing and impound charges until police release the wreak and his insurance won't do that either. The hydro box he wiped out plus overtime, firefighter responses etc and any other damage are a bills sent directly to him as well.
Oh goodie, some justice after all!!
Old 03-12-2017, 08:39 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

My friend has the same car in the same colour. He received a dozen calls from friends, myself included.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:19 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by rideau
Let me see....23 year old male, with a friend, impaired, cold pavement, just took delivery of vehicle, 600 hp....what could go wrong?
Does insurance cover this if he is found guilty of impaired driving?

-6 Thursday night. One block from home. 6oohp cold tires and cold pavement.
23 years old and still alive to be 23.

R.I.P McLaren, you gave your automotive life to save your occupants.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:41 AM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
plenty of old f**ks that drink and drive too.
Yeah, but those can't afford the McLaren and/or don't want it.

Those who crash brand new 200k+ sports cars are almost always students that are here unsupervised, from parents who directed their country's money in the kid's general direction.

Too many cases lately, all of the same pattern.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
If a car is leased, the leasing agency usually has separate insurance on the car that cover a collision regardless of the leaser's insurance. I don't know because of the DUI if this remains the same but if it wasn't an DUI and the leaser didn't have insurance and the collision, the other insurance would cover the leased car. This happened to someone I know (friend's brother in law with a new Civic).
Old 03-13-2017, 12:15 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by squid42
Yeah, but those can't afford the McLaren and/or don't want it.

Those who crash brand new 200k+ sports cars are almost always students that are here unsupervised, from parents who directed their country's money in the kid's general direction.

Too many cases lately, all of the same pattern.
You can say it, no need to be polite. Corrupt Chinese parent's that steal from the People's Republic to spoil their "student" kids in Canada.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:06 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Imo000
You can say it, no need to be polite. Corrupt Chinese parent's that steal from the People's Republic to spoil their "student" kids in Canada.
^^^^ This ^^^^
Old 03-13-2017, 01:11 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Probably foreign students that get $100k a month allowance and use whatever of it to lease supercars.

Here in Vancouver, when you see a supercar there is a 95% chance its being driven by a teenager.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:41 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

"Dude, my dad has a set of killer tools, we can totally fix this", - Andrew Spicole......
Old 03-13-2017, 01:59 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 291 Posts

Article said accident occurred in Burlington. I thought it was a pretty homogeneous population.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:50 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's jump to some conclusions and assume the race and financial background of the driver.

I could not find any indication of race, applied or assumed, in the new articles. In the one picture, it looks like the driver or passenger is standing between the paramedics wearing jeans and a black jacket. Doesn't really look 23, but these days it's tough to tell...

Not saying the stereotypes are inaccurate, but lets wait until we know the race and cultural background of the driver before we lean on bias and stereotypes to protect our egos from the undeserving wealthy immigrants.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:55 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I strongly endorse PPo's comments. We know absolutely nothing about the driver so let's hold back of conclusion in advance of facts.

Quick Reply: McLaren destroyed