Old 02-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

^^^That's what i use.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:13 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I use the KD cloth. Just dampen it with water, ring it out and clean away. Streak free windows. No cleaners to buy or restock, 100% environmentally friendly. Great for removing bug guts off the front bumper also.

http://www.canadacarcare.ca/products...dible-kd-cloth
Old 02-10-2017, 11:42 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDGuy
I use the KD cloth. Just dampen it with water, ring it out and clean away. Streak free windows. No cleaners to buy or restock, 100% environmentally friendly. Great for removing bug guts off the front bumper also.

http://www.canadacarcare.ca/products...dible-kd-cloth
Same concept, window microfiber cloth. Keep one in each car. One on my desk for screen cleaning and glasses.
And always use Invisible glass when the inside windows get messy. Windex does not cut the greasy off gas from the interior. Automotive windex, does work better than the reg stuff. Stay away from anything with Ammonia if you have tinted film on your windows.
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2017, 05:39 PM
smccallum
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That newspaper trick is a great one. That's what I do. I had told my receptionist the trick many years ago and then came to work and the hood of the Audi S7 (used to work for Audi) was DESTROYED. She said it was so good on the windows that she used it on the hood. We sent it for a full wet sand. That client has a thin level left on that car....ONLY ON THE WINDOWS

I plan to try this Simonize options too
Old 02-16-2017, 06:52 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by smccallum
That newspaper trick is a great one. That's what I do. I had told my receptionist the trick many years ago and then came to work and the hood of the Audi S7 (used to work for Audi) was DESTROYED. She said it was so good on the windows that she used it on the hood. We sent it for a full wet sand. That client has a thin level left on that car....ONLY ON THE WINDOWS
Don't tell her about the razor blade trick.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I always liked newspaper, but sometimes the ink comes off and gets all over. When I was in college I worked in a picture framing shop and we had rolls of Kraft Paper (the brown stuff) which I thought worked really well, but was much heavier. So flash forward a dozen years or so and I was running a print shop, (letterpress & silkscreen) and I started buying bogus paper / newsprint in bulk for test prints and drying as well as wrapping finished prints. It's pretty cheap, no ink, and always on hand:

https://m.uline.com/h5/r/www.uline.c...g&gclsrc=aw.ds

That's an example. There may be other types out there for less, but a roll of that with a feeder/cutting blade makes for an "always available" option in the garage.

- Dan
Old 02-21-2017, 12:48 AM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Windshields and auto glass are defiantly an inside and outside thing. I use Invisiglass with a micro fibre cloth for the entire job. The inside is always a challenge. That Mr Clean eraser is something I'm going to try.

I have a new windshield and thought about cleaning it to brand new standard. I'll give the 400 steel wool a test on the passenger side and go from there.

Rain Ex has been the secret weapon of sailors, kayak and canoe racers for years.

Thanks for all the tips on what works best for you.

Quick Reply: How to super clean your windshield?