Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 01:26 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Anyone know Platinum Cars?

I stumbled across this today
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...wer/1229191533

Cheapest one I've found and I am interested.

Anyone have experience with this dealer?
Old 01-18-2017, 01:44 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

Used to run out of the side of , steels and yonge, North York chev olds.
Lots of premium used cars with financing.
Need a 5 year old Bentley? Can't finance it at the dealer because its too old? You would go there.
New car was $225k, bought it used for $96k, sell it out of there for $132k with finacing
They also used to have a lot of american cars out of there.
Since moved ad no longer associated with the chev dealer. Have not been through for a while.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

never dealt with them but know others who have and have heard good things about them.
21k for an 08 IS seems high but I don't follow that market closely. I have an 02 that I am going to move in spring, rwd, my friend bought it new and I am using as dd so 2 owners.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:29 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 145 Posts

I've had a negative experience with them. Almost bought a used Porsche there. They lied about several features of the car (listed them in description but the car did not have them). When I asked to lower the price was told to take a hike as they have two other people ready to buy the car. That was 6 months ago. Guess what that car is still for sale! Now listed lower than I was willing to pay for it back then. Also I don't like that they demand a deposit before letting you test drive.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:51 PM
terrencetong168
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw this listing few weeks ago as well. 08 ISF usually go for high 20s with that mileage. They also have another ISF selling for high 20s so I wonder if this 08 had any major claims.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:06 PM
cpt_slow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I miss my IS-F! It's a great deal for 20K if it's been taking care of course.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

I dug around and found out there was a major insurance claim on it. 30k+ Was at auction a few weeks ago
Old 01-18-2017, 03:59 PM
terrencetong168
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
I dug around and found out there was a major insurance claim on it. 30k+ Was at auction a few weeks ago
as expected I guess
Old 01-18-2017, 05:18 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 130 Posts

I was in there a couple of weeks ago. The sales guy was nice enough, but a little arrogant. Kept steering me towards a car I was said was beyond my budget. He kept saying "just buy the car" you'll be happy.

I left saying I would think about it, when I texted him a follow up question that I was assuming they would be able to provide the maintenance records for the car (it's a fairly new modern car), he never replied.

I am not dissing them, but based on this experience, I doubt I would go back...
Old 01-18-2017, 05:23 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Went in there 2 times and no one could give me the time of day....too busy???........ the car I wanted to look at a year and a half ago is still there....... can that be good?
Old 01-18-2017, 08:10 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by docdrs
Went in there 2 times and no one could give me the time of day....too busy???........ the car I wanted to look at a year and a half ago is still there....... can that be good?
I know a local dealer that brings me his Porsches or BMWs he purchases. He always holds out for top dollar, he's had a 996 4S Cabrio for sale for about 3 years.. Practically everyone I know has made an offer on the car within a few thousand of his asking, he's turned them all down. Same with a 328i x drive wagon in manual... I want it and have offered but he's holding out for every last cent. He always gets clean cars... very clean. I can go to the auction myself but the car's usually have a history.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:30 PM
Class VI
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't physically been to Platinum, but I had emailed about a 996 they had asking a few basic questions like life on tires, brakes, IMS, etc. and how firm the price was. Here's the response I got:
"There's no point in going through all these steps if you're not ok with the price"
I assured him I wouldn't "bother" him again, and I certainly won't.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:31 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

My brother and I went there to look an an M3, the salesman was a total A$$hole and so was their associates. Asked before we went to see the Carfax, was told, not to worry just come down and see the car. When we arrived (1.5hr each way), asked to see the report and sure enough there was a $17300 claim in it when the car was a few years old. If we knew this, would not have bothered to go. Since were there, asked to see it anyways, car was a total mess "We just got in as a trade in 2 weeks ago". They can't clean the car in 2 weeks? When we fired it up, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree (ABS, Check Engine, Air Bag), salesman said, ohh it's because the battery went flat. Give me an Fn' brake! That's NOT how flat battery works but most people don't know this so they would believe them. Yes, we did go see one of the least expensive cars they had but so what? With that attitude, I would be very cautions what they say about the rest of their inventory. They do have some really, I mean REALLY, nice cars (SLR, Lambo, Maybach, Vipers and so on) but their attitude and sales scam conversation between each other is just sleazy as hell. Maybe I'm not used to used car dealers and their BS and all this is normal.

Quick Reply: Anyone know Platinum Cars?