Notices

Finally she's home

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Finally she's home

So after which seems like a long wait, we picked up our Q7 technik in ink blue yesterday... after 200km of driving it so far, I have to admit this car with the air suspension rides like you're on a cloud... the transmission is super smooth and it is extremely quiet.. the navigation and digital cluster is unreal and these nvidia cards makes the LCD screens so damn clear. Don't get me wrong, I really miss the 911 and will be back in one in the future but for now, this car is absolutely amazing and provides the needed space a small family needs to lug baby stuff around for the little guy... highly recommend this over the xc90 and dare I say the best 7 seater for luxury, value and driving experience.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Class VI
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome Kevin. Congrats.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:13 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Class VI
Looks awesome Kevin. Congrats.
thx buddy.... you got the Porsche sorted out?
Old 01-04-2017, 11:24 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Congrats! Very nice!
Old 01-05-2017, 01:08 AM
Class VI
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chimcu
thx buddy.... you got the Porsche sorted out?
Still working on it. Pfaff's likely doing the work, but the holidays slowed everything down.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:50 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

Very nice Kevin.
The little guy going to love tearing around in that.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:10 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wc11
Very nice Kevin.
The little guy going to love tearing around in that.
LOL Will.. I bought him a straight jacket
Old 01-05-2017, 10:38 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,012 Likes on 719 Posts

Hey Kevin does that display on the dash fold away ? the one on the A4 we were looking at didnt and i didnt like it at all. looks like an add on glued onto the dash . But your looks like it might go into the dash . if so that is way cooler.

Congrats on the purchase its a beautiful machine. I have owned 3 Audis but nothing ever that nice.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by theiceman
Hey Kevin does that display on the dash fold away ? the one on the A4 we were looking at didnt and i didnt like it at all. looks like an add on glued onto the dash . But your looks like it might go into the dash . if so that is way cooler.

Congrats on the purchase its a beautiful machine. I have owned 3 Audis but nothing ever that nice.
Hey Clive, yeah the screen goes into the dash with a push of a button. This is my first Audi and I have to say it's absolutely amazing. A great balance between comfort and performance. I borrowed my buddy's first gen Q7 over the holidays because I needed to lug some people around now driving the new one, it's like night and day. The old one felt super heavy and did not want to move when you push the gas. While the new one moves seamlessly and drives more like a sedan rather than a SUV.

I put about 300 km on it so far and am average 10.6 L/KM which is what my Nissan Juke does so that's just absolutely nuts!!!! I am glad I got the air suspension with the 4 - wheel turning which makes turning this vehicle in parking lots so much easier. I'll bring her by in the spring when I can take William out to introduce to everyone.... or even earlier when the weather is a bit warmer for the little guy.

One regret was I should have waited for the SQ7 which would be a little more expensive than what I paid for this standard Q7 with all the options I've added.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:27 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman

This is what some of us in the industry refer to as the "iPad effect".

It's a design fad that will go on for a few more years before they go back to a smoother look integrated screen in the dash.

It's nice that it retracts back into the dash. The non retractable units "cheapen" the look of some higher end vehicles as it looks like an iPad Velcro'd or hot glued to the dash.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:30 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favorite SUV!!! Will soon be filled with gold fish crackers!!
Old 01-05-2017, 02:07 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,012 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11
This is what some of us in the industry refer to as the "iPad effect".

It's a design fad that will go on for a few more years before they go back to a smoother look integrated screen in the dash.

It's nice that it retracts back into the dash. The non retractable units "cheapen" the look of some higher end vehicles as it looks like an iPad Velcro'd or hot glued to the dash.
exactly .... and i am a shorter driver .. so in the A4 there is a piece of your view missing due the obelisk glued to the dash.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:12 PM
FifthGear
Instructor

Congrats. We're on our second Q7 and I couldn't agree more about the XC90. We lease buster'ed ours and went back to the Q7. Enjoy!
Old 01-05-2017, 04:57 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Congratulations, use it in good health.
Not sure why you cover your license plate, I'm pretty sure I was behind you in
RH a few days ago.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:27 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 85 Posts

Last I heard the SQ7 probably isn't coming because of the whole diesel gate thing.

Originally Posted by Chimcu
Hey Clive, yeah the screen goes into the dash with a push of a button. This is my first Audi and I have to say it's absolutely amazing. A great balance between comfort and performance. I borrowed my buddy's first gen Q7 over the holidays because I needed to lug some people around now driving the new one, it's like night and day. The old one felt super heavy and did not want to move when you push the gas. While the new one moves seamlessly and drives more like a sedan rather than a SUV.

I put about 300 km on it so far and am average 10.6 L/KM which is what my Nissan Juke does so that's just absolutely nuts!!!! I am glad I got the air suspension with the 4 - wheel turning which makes turning this vehicle in parking lots so much easier. I'll bring her by in the spring when I can take William out to introduce to everyone.... or even earlier when the weather is a bit warmer for the little guy.

One regret was I should have waited for the SQ7 which would be a little more expensive than what I paid for this standard Q7 with all the options I've added.

Quick Reply: Finally she's home