Notices

Square One Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 03:42 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Square One Porsche

Looks like Downtown Fine cars has opened a micro dealership inside Square One Shopping Centre in Mississauga for one year.

http://shopsquareone.com/porsche

Old 01-02-2017, 04:44 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 391 Likes on 167 Posts

Hmmm...hard to say whether that's good for the brand/dealership or not?

Obviously Porsche Canada had to approve however, I wonder if this now blurs the territorial boundary each dealer has?
Old 01-02-2017, 08:35 PM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Not surprising, I heard that Mercedes was opening a store at Sherway Gardens.
The future of car shopping! Lol
Old 01-02-2017, 09:08 PM
kkabba
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 88 Posts

Ya I walked by it yesterday.

I think it dilutes the brand in Canada considering who was lingering around in that suburb mall looking at the most entry level of P cars - P "Downtown" Toronto - u clearly found a way to expense ur weird, undesirable and/or demo cars. Bravo to ur accountants. Good to see u had to drive out 50 miles to sell your undesirables

I live 1mile away from u downtown and I go to to porsche oakville 30 miles away from me so I don't have to deal with ur sales cheesy sales guys and ur incredibly underwhelming customer service - perhaps ur unionized ?!?
Old 01-02-2017, 10:44 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 599 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by kkabba
Ya I walked by it yesterday.

I think it dilutes the brand in Canada considering who was lingering around in that suburb mall looking at the most entry level of P cars - P "Downtown" Toronto - u clearly found a way to expense ur weird, undesirable and/or demo cars. Bravo to ur accountants. Good to see u had to drive out 50 miles to sell your undesirables

I live 1mile away from u downtown and I go to to porsche oakville 30 miles away from me so I don't have to deal with ur sales cheesy sales guys and ur incredibly underwhelming customer service - perhaps ur unionized ?!?
service is great at downtown porsche. not sure you should be proud about wasting your time driving 30 miles to service your car, lol.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:28 AM
wc11
Race Car

Well it is the largest mall in Ontario, 2nd in Canada.
I wonder if they'll accept my mall gift cards?

Last edited by wc11; 01-03-2017 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:16 AM
ansonintoronto
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11
Weill it is the largest mall in Ontario, 2nd in Canada.
I wonder if they'll accept my mall gift cards?
Lol....that is a great idea!!!....hmmmm
Old 01-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

{edit}'The new Porsche's are in early this year...'{edit}

Old 01-03-2017, 12:22 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

wait one full year? that's kinda cool! I saw it a few times already
Old 01-03-2017, 12:51 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Hmmm...hard to say whether that's good for the brand/dealership or not?

Obviously Porsche Canada had to approve however, I wonder if this now blurs the territorial boundary each dealer has?
Porsche Lauzon opened a boutique in a mega mall here, Dix30. Other dealers went ape **** about it They keep about 6cars in the parking garage. Usually 2 Boxsters, 2 Macans, a Cayenne and a 911http://montrealgazette.com/business/...-zoning-change

https://www.quartierdix30.com/commer...sche-rive-sud/

Old 01-03-2017, 09:03 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tesla does it. People love it. Why not Porsche?
Not sure what people are worried about? Porsche becoming too common? I see at least two dozen a day where I live already. Resale values not holding up? Just look up a used Cayenne or Panamera. 10 year old cars selling at 20% of original value. Too many models in the line up? I say not enough. I would actually love to see Porsche make a WRX equivalent with AWD, 2.0T and PDK for around $45K. You cant expect to get exclusivity for $50K like Porsche owners used to anymore. Those days are long gone, get used to it.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:37 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 599 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by StanThePorscheFan
Not sure what people are worried about? Porsche becoming too common? I see at least two dozen a day where I live already. Resale values not holding up? Just look up a used Cayenne or Panamera. 10 year old cars selling at 20% of original value. Too many models in the line up? I say not enough. I would actually love to see Porsche make a WRX equivalent with AWD, 2.0T and PDK for around $45K. You cant expect to get exclusivity for $50K like Porsche owners used to anymore. Those days are long gone, get used to it.
yup, totally agree.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:31 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

hey Stan why don't you tell us how you really feel now?
Old 01-05-2017, 03:45 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

toyota has started putting their cars in malls as well.

re the comment about they kind of ppl lingering around looking at the entry level p-cars (I'm guessing your implying lower income), who is to say that those lower income families don't have children that will make a decent coin income in life that can afford the cars. i think having the cars inside a mall makes it much easier to sell the dream to tomorrow's buyer - or just to simply get their product out there. i also noticed they put the dealership in the mall right outside of holt renfrew so it's pretty much located in what is assumed to be the best location re their target demographic.

i can see this happening more and more in the future with many car brands. personally i think it's great and i would defiantly walk in to take a look.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:10 PM
wc11
Race Car

Malls are dying what with all the on line shopping.
Large "anchor" stores like the Target's, and soon Sears of the world just can't compete and are disappearing.
Go through a mall now after Christmas and you'll start seeing all the empty stores.
The mall needs to fill those spaces so why not with auto companies.
Do we not pretty much shop at "car malls" now anyway?

At least with a real mall, you may have multiple brands to see and all indoors.
It's like going to the car show but with a cheaper food court

And I still wanna know if I can redeem my mall gift cards

Quick Reply: Square One Porsche