Notices

Car Detailing in GTA

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 01:39 PM
Mzsaad
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have anyone used Chemical Guys in Mississauga for detailing and Paint Correction?
Old 12-19-2016, 12:23 AM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I had my new-to-me '02 C4S detailed before storing it last week. It required a two stage job and I forked over $750+HST.

My fault for not clarifying, but at nearly $900 tax in, I assumed the engine would be shampood and the interior cleaned/leather conditioned.

Would the engine and leather generally be extras, on top of a $750 detail job?

Last edited by ggrace; 12-19-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:50 AM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

I think when you are laying out that kind of coin you need to be very specific about what is and is not going to be done. You would think they would slap on some leather conditioner but guess not...

Is that a typical price for a 2 stage correction?? You could buy all the supplies you would ever need to do a professional job yourself for that price!
Old 12-19-2016, 12:53 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

I'm ok with the price paid but thought I would get more service. I'm not a DIY detailers.

It's my fault because I have a lot on the go, with the holidays, and figured that if I was dropping it with one of the go-to detailers I didn't need to go over what would be done. I also asked him to turn it around same day (dropped off around 9:30 and picked up at 5:30).

If this is normal service for the price, I'm ok with it. But if I should have had more done to the car for that much $$$ I would feel burned and not return to this detailer.

Last edited by ggrace; 12-19-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:22 PM
Skeptikal12
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ggrace
I'm ok with the price paid but thought I would get more service. I'm not a DIY detailers.

It's my fault because I have a lot on the go, with the holidays, and figured that if I was dropping it with one of the go-to detailers I didn't need to go over what would be done. I also asked him to turn it around same day (dropped off around 9:30 and picked up at 5:30).

If this is normal service for the price, I'm ok with it. But if I should have had more done to the car for that much $$$ I would feel burned and not return to this detailer.
Would depend on what condition the car was in when you dropped it off and also what you had applied to it.

I personally haven't seen detailers throw in free interior or engine detailing because they were doing the paint correction. I believe you would have had to buy a "full" package to get this included. Or simply told them prior to starting that you wanted these services.

Unless they have multiple people working on the car at once, getting interior, engine and a 2 stage correction done in a day is a tall order.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:47 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

$900 tax in
That is outrageous for a 2 day limited skill job! You got ripped off.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:50 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I expected $750+tax to be the full package. We did talk about the leather, and as it is in nice condition, I got the feeling that we were leaving it alone. I guess it is the engine bay that got me. After spending $850, I thought the engine would be cleaned.

I'm not upset. Just wanted to hear what others had done during detailing.

Originally Posted by Skeptikal12
Would depend on what condition the car was in when you dropped it off and also what you had applied to it.

I personally haven't seen detailers throw in free interior or engine detailing because they were doing the paint correction. I believe you would have had to buy a "full" package to get this included. Or simply told them prior to starting that you wanted these services.

Unless they have multiple people working on the car at once, getting interior, engine and a 2 stage correction done in a day is a tall order.

Last edited by ggrace; 12-20-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:09 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ By the way, congrats on your C4S.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:40 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I had my new-to-me '02 C4S detailed before storing it last week. It required a two stage job and I forked over $750+HST.

My fault for not clarifying, but at nearly $900 tax in, I assumed the engine would be shampood and the interior cleaned/leather conditioned.

Would the engine and leather generally be extras, on top of a $750 detail job?
Is this the package you got? If so then engine shampoo is included but not interior cleaning.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:53 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

@ronnie993tt - Thanks for your thoughts. It was one of the top two guys everyone talks about, so I trusted that I wouldn't be ripped off

@bronson7 - Thanks! It was fun for the few days I drove before storing. Looking forward to May, when I can replace the rear bumper grills with the stock black ones I picked up and install the red seat belts I bought!

@aviography - I'm not sure which shop that image is from, but it appears that I got everything on that list but the engine shampoo.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:04 AM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

aviography - I'm not sure which shop that image is from, but it appears that I got everything on that list but the engine shampoo.
That was a screen capture from Orion Detailing's website, if you went to Orion for the two stage paint correction, then you have every right to "discuss" the engine shampoo to be done next spring when the car is back on the road again.

If it's not Orion, then you should check the shop's website to determine what level service you paid for.

Another thought on price, both shops appear to start at somewhat similar price range for multi-stage paint correction (Wes is actually lower than Kevin), they are known to perform good work and charge the premium accordingly.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:21 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

Welcome to Porsche ownership. I would have put the coin towards ims solution and not worried about cosmetics.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:23 AM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
Welcome to Porsche ownership. I would have put the coin towards ims solution and not worried about cosmetics.
Thanks, theiceman! I'm taking the car to Keltech as soon as its out of storage. I had a good chat with Liam before I bought the car.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:43 PM
onecarter
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should try Car Detailing in London Ontario - The Car Spot. They are ceramicpro certified installers and their services are top notch, check out their website.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:04 AM
Henley1
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

gerrard at the refinery on Carlaw.

Quick Reply: Car Detailing in GTA