Notices

Swap meet in Guelph

Old 10-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Woodstock is this bizarre, impassable tunnel of snow for half the winter. I can't tell you how many times we've gone to visit the family in London, left Hamilton in nice sunny weather, then entered the Mordor of winter 40 minutes down the road...
Old 10-07-2016, 05:50 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

Woodstock is the middle of nowhere. you are naming tiny communities that have very small amounts of Porsche.
FYI the spring UCR open house encourages people to bring parts to buy and sell. perhaps that is an event rennlisters can use as a spring swap meet.
myself; it is much easier to just advertise any parts I have for sale than hauling them for a day sale, and hauling home if don't sell.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of good insight here. With all sorts of respect for the "outer rim systems", I'd be inclined to aim for something closer to the 4.5 million folks in the GTA.

I hear tdan's notion of "easier to just list them online", but I hate the hassle of having people come over (or, no show) to my house. I'd rather concentrate the transactions into one day of effort. Priced right, you should take almost nothing home.

Clive, I've got room in my inbox for you now!

RK
Old 10-07-2016, 07:15 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

I'd be in...only 20mins away...and I like Woodstock
Lots of Porsche's in the areas listed, more than people think...

Originally Posted by Alphasingularity
Hey now!

It's 30-45 min from London, Kitchener, Cambridge, Waterloo, Guelph, Stratford. Hour to two hours from GTA, Hamilton, Niagara. Not to mention Windsor region wouldn't cry too much either.

I'd say thats fairly central. And its where the 403 and 401 meet so access is good too.

Not too many cows grazing in the streets anymore.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:20 PM
Alphasingularity
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Maybe the people doing the hinting need to pick up their game and start organizing ? Just saying .. Lots of us host events , time for other people to start stepping up.
Well there you have it, no point in picking up the game with all of the slamming going on.

Search this Thread