Notices

997.2 winter tire wheel packages at suncoast.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 03:45 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts
Default 997.2 winter tire wheel packages at suncoast.

some pretty good deals imo,

c2s+turboII porsche wheels with winter tires (pirelli, nokian) + 997.2 tpms sensors

approx 2 grand usd + shipping etc etc. i figure its a hot deal since the wheels alone from porsche are at least 2 grand.

could be of use for those who drive their cars during winter!

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product..._Code=closeout

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product..._Code=closeout
Old 02-19-2015, 04:39 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 291 Posts

not a bad price, but I wouldn't suggest 19 inch wheels for the winter. Plus with the $CDN and the added cost of shipping (and duties?), is it still a great deal?
Old 02-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 67 Posts

Shipping, exchange, duty, HST, CBI overweight fee, gas to drive to NF and back will kill any savings on this deal in a hurry. + I agree with 19's for winter use, not ideal.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Buying stuff from the States was nice when the exchange rate was in the 90-something cent range... but at the 80 cents its at now... buying from the States isn't as good as it used to be.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:30 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pags993
Shipping, exchange, duty, HST, CBI overweight fee, gas to drive to NF and back will kill any savings on this deal in a hurry. + I agree with 19's for winter use, not ideal.
Yup!!! It hurts because I keep finding cool things to get for the 993...haha.. I ended up buying most of my parts from Porsche Oakville a few weeks back as it turned out to be cheaper than Pelican and Suncoast. (AND I got all Porsche bits, not OEM supplier bits). I picked up a few things from CBI too and it was a total wash once all said and done...Maybe I saved 5 bucks..Totally not worth it.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:35 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boman993
Yup!!! It hurts because I keep finding cool things to get for the 993...haha.. I ended up buying most of my parts from Porsche Oakville a few weeks back as it turned out to be cheaper than Pelican and Suncoast. (AND I got all Porsche bits, not OEM supplier bits). I picked up a few things from CBI too and it was a total wash once all said and done...Maybe I saved 5 bucks..Totally not worth it.

Just curious, why did you go to Oakville? Is their pricing better than Downtown and Pfaff? I want to get some OEM parts for my car but I'm finding Downtown difficult to deal with in terms of the movement on their prices.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:48 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
Just curious, why did you go to Oakville? Is their pricing better than Downtown and Pfaff? I want to get some OEM parts for my car but I'm finding Downtown difficult to deal with in terms of the movement on their prices.
Purely based on the customer service experience. I think that Mr John Licari (parts manager) and staff, run a tight ship and really want my business! It's a bit of a trek for me from west end Toronto, but it's worth the drive. I like how quick they are to respond to my email inquiries, and how fast they can get me my stuff. The other two shops you mentioned do not come close.

Don't forget to mention your PCA member number for 10% off!

Old 02-19-2015, 06:07 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boman993
Purely based on the customer service experience. I think that Mr John Licari (parts manager) and staff, run a tight ship and really want my business! It's a bit of a trek for me from west end Toronto, but it's worth the drive. I like how quick they are to respond to my email inquiries, and how fast they can get me my stuff. The other two shops you mentioned do not come close.

Don't forget to mention your PCA member number for 10% off!

hmm. cool, thanks for the info.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:42 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I ship these to Buffalo and bring them over the border myself, this set will come out to about CAD$3600.
Tires alone would cost about $1600 tax in here. Sensors about $400. That means you are getting Turbo II OEM wheels for $400 tax in a piece. That is still a very good deal if this set is exactly what you were looking for.
But lets say all you really want are those wheels. You'll be able to sell the tires on Kijiji for about $1000 guaranteed. The TPMSensors go for about $250 here on RL. You end up with a brand new set of OEM Turbo II wheels for about $2400. That is a very very good deal as these sell here for about $5000 all the time.
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...bo-wheels.html

Just keep in mind what Suncoast is offering is wide body fitment only.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:08 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

+911

Very tempting... At oem wb fitment im sure they still fit the nb cars, albeit more 'aggressively'.

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
If I ship these to Buffalo and bring them over the border myself, this set will come out to about CAD$3600. Tires alone would cost about $1600 tax in here. Sensors about $400. That means you are getting Turbo II OEM wheels for $400 tax in a piece. That is still a very good deal if this set is exactly what you were looking for. But lets say all you really want are those wheels. You'll be able to sell the tires on Kijiji for about $1000 guaranteed. The TPMSensors go for about $250 here on RL. You end up with a brand new set of OEM Turbo II wheels for about $2400. That is a very very good deal as these sell here for about $5000 all the time. https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...bo-wheels.html Just keep in mind what Suncoast is offering is wide body fitment only.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:51 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
..At oem wb fitment im sure they still fit the nb cars, albeit more 'aggressively'.
exactly
Old 02-22-2015, 09:46 PM
PHIL.RS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

think suncoast no longer ships to canada

Quick Reply: 997.2 winter tire wheel packages at suncoast.