Notices

want members opinions/comments

Old 12-19-2014, 10:32 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more thing. You shouldn't take any of our comments to close to heart. All we care about here is that you are a Porsche fan. Nothing else. We welcome you and except you regardless of financial status, sexual orientation, ethnic background or anything else that makes us all different. We sometimes bust some ***** here for fun, but at the end of the day you are one of us. This is Rennlist Canada, you will have no enemies here, just friends.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

my wife has zero interest in fast cars or Porsches so she does not want to drive them and I also like the fact that she doesn't. Of course if she was interested in these cars and read, talked about them or even came to the track anymore I would share.
Years ago at Watkins Glen a guy with a FCar and his wife parked beside me and my wife. the guy told me everytime he did a major mod to his car or bought a new car he would buy her some jewelry. When I bought my twin turbo years ago I tripled the size of her diamond which in turn has increased in value lots. This is what I recommend. That way anytime I talk about getting a new car or modification she encourages me, knowing she will get something. The only thing that I require is that it is something that can go up in value, not some crappy designer jewelry. Try this and I am sure your wife will enjoy your hobby and leave you to it. If I get something she should as well.
and yes we are all friends here and do occassionaly bust ***** and act macho...even me
Old 12-20-2014, 01:41 AM
Donster
Pro

Just about the only thing my wife is less interested in than Porsches is jewelry. She didn't even want a diamond when we got engaged.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:19 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
This is what I recommend. That way anytime I talk about getting a new car or modification she encourages me, knowing she will get something. The only thing that I require is that it is something that can go up in value, not some crappy designer jewelry. Try this and I am sure your wife will enjoy your hobby and leave you to it. If I get something she should as well.
and yes we are all friends here and do occassionaly bust ***** and act macho...even me
Sorry Danny, I can't resist..........but I bet your 993tt's value has increased way more than the diamond, and try selling it. Even if she'd let you, the margins on used jewelry are not in your favour.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:27 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Ronnie,
I buy my diamonds from a wholesaler who has offered me about 50% increase over what I pay. Yes I will not sell it.
It used to bother me what the value of the 993 has done since selling until I realize my new house has almost doubled in the last 4 years, which was the reason for selling the 993. 996turbo on its way btw
Old 12-22-2014, 02:45 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

Danny Boy. I'll take a million bucks worth of those diamonds and 1/2 kilo of whatever you've been smoking! Happy Hanukkah Buddy.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:32 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

LOL. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:19 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My wife has been in my Porsche once since I got it. She does not like the car and keeps telling me you've got to hate your money to buy such a useless car. And that pretty well sums up her attitude of the seven new Porsches I have owned since 1983.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:25 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by petee1997
She does not like the car and keeps telling me you've got to hate your money to buy such a useless car.
Better than wasting it on the dozens of pairs of shoes women buy.

I only have two feet.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:25 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,010 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Better than wasting it on the dozens of pairs of shoes women buy.

I only have two feet.
i was once asked " how many wheels do you need for this car anyway " ? i responded with " how many shoes do you need for those feet ".. i am now divorced and bought another set of wheels with the savings ...
Old 12-30-2014, 02:57 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
i was once asked " how many wheels do you need for this car anyway " ? i responded with " how many shoes do you need for those feet ".. i am now divorced and bought another set of wheels with the savings ...
Perfect!

That reminds me of the bumper sticker that goes along these lines.

"She told me it was either fishing or her. God, I am going to miss her".
Old 12-30-2014, 03:00 PM
breakfast
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbodan
my wife has zero interest in fast cars or Porsches so she does not want to drive them and I also like the fact that she doesn't. Of course if she was interested in these cars and read, talked about them or even came to the track anymore I would share.
Years ago at Watkins Glen a guy with a FCar and his wife parked beside me and my wife. the guy told me everytime he did a major mod to his car or bought a new car he would buy her some jewelry. When I bought my twin turbo years ago I tripled the size of her diamond which in turn has increased in value lots. This is what I recommend. That way anytime I talk about getting a new car or modification she encourages me, knowing she will get something. The only thing that I require is that it is something that can go up in value, not some crappy designer jewelry. Try this and I am sure your wife will enjoy your hobby and leave you to it. If I get something she should as well.
sorry, but thats horrible advice.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:06 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by breakfast
sorry, but thats horrible advice.
I disagree. This works for my family as well. My wife works hard 6 days a week 8-10 hrs/day, which is more than me. Why should I be the only one blowing family's money on toys? I let her have what she wants, she doesn't question my hobby. At least Turbodan requires the purchase to make financial sense. I dont even go that far. What my babe wants, my babe gets.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:20 AM
cash-man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
I disagree. This works for my family as well. My wife works hard 6 days a week 8-10 hrs/day, which is more than me. Why should I be the only one blowing family's money on toys? I let her have what she wants, she doesn't question my hobby. At least Turbodan requires the purchase to make financial sense. I dont even go that far. What my babe wants, my babe gets.
Letting your wife buy what she wants, and buying her something when you want to buy something is entirely different, no? The latter seems a little bit like wife-training/pavlov's dog.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:43 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by cash-man
Letting your wife buy what she wants, and buying her something when you want to buy something is entirely different, no? The latter seems a little bit like wife-training/pavlov's dog.
It's all in ones perception. I like to think most guys in here give our wives credit for being smarter than the above analogy suggests, personally I see..... win-win!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: want members opinions/comments