Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Definitely come by and we can chat...
Old 06-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by czentner
Dwane - thanks for the reply. We haven't officially met, but we've spoken on the phone, I believe. You're the guy with the fast red 944 turbo, right? I'll make a point of coming over and meeting you at the next DE!
It's Dawne that is fast....the car could be fast if he turned up the boost.
Also, Dwane is a great guy to know as he is a superb chef and is mean with shoe polish as well. Good thing he can detail the hell out of cars.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Dwane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Chris R.
It's Dawne that is fast....the car could be fast if he turned up the boost.
Also, Dwane is a great guy to know as he is a superb chef and is mean with shoe polish as well. Good thing he can detail the hell out of cars.
Aw-shucks....
I was going to say the driver makes a fast car go around the track fast but didn't want to sound like 1 of those guys.
I can give Chris R. most of the credit for continually making me quicker. He usually comes out with me once every event.
Like Chris said earlier, work on 1 turn at a time and once you get that turn perfected work on the next.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwane
Had Chris as an instructor a while back. He didn't have much to say besides the street tire suggestions. To this day, I tell everyone that very important piece of information he taught me concerning stickier tires. Did exactly what he said with swapping the stickier for street tires.
Had EVERY flagger watching me entering, mid-corner and corner exit at EVERY corner of the track....Priceless.
If I get the privilege to become an instructor one day, I will quote Chris word for word!
Enjoy and be safe.
I will give credit where credit is due. It was through talking with Stacy Janes one day that I picked up the drive on old tires idea. It works pretty well. I drove on 4 year old tires that originally came with my GT3 when I got it before moving to Cups and have driven on worn out Nittos at the Glen. They don't stick too well to all the concrete there. Now it does get exciting at times trying to keep up with others on superior tires but if you keep that in mind it teaches car control at a lower, more progressive level. When I put new Cups back on I couldn't believe the stick! And I was quicker and in more control.

I will have to experience the Rennspoon BBQ soon. Perhaps this coming September?
Old 06-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
I will have to experience the Rennspoon BBQ soon. Perhaps this coming September?
For sure!
There in August and September.

Quick Reply: How to build speed at Tremblant