Notices

construction started at mosport

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts
Default construction started at mosport

Looks like they are moving dirt for a vehicle overpass that would link across from the top of cor 9 to infield of 9 with the down
ramp running down where the Porsche park was for the ALMS weekend. They are also moving enough dirt around up and the hill above the start finish to fill the ACC! We think it is for the foundation for a new race control/media center. Go big or go home! No one will believe the changes when they show up in the spring. Right now we're here for a region race meet and the heavy equipment is being dodged.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool, looking forward to next year
Old 09-02-2011, 10:02 PM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

We were amazed on Wednesday to see the amount of manpower that is already in motion. Frank & Judy (marshals) told me that Mr. Fidani has been spending a lot of time at the track lately, and we saw his helicopter coming and going throughout the day. Ron Fellows was walking around with engineers throughout the day studying blueprints. Whatever they are up to, it is be being taken very seriously and kept very quiet.

Last edited by TrackdayRSA.; 09-02-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:34 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Wonder if there are any plans for the track itself. Was there also on Wednesday after doing half a dozen days at Tremblant and Calabogie... I had forgotten how bumpy our beloved Mosport was I guess it adds to the charm, and I can't say that I would want it any other way. Yeah, it took me a while to get my "see legs" back, but I think that we all agree... Mosport is SPECIAL! And we love it the way it is.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:33 PM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some nice amenities and a place to hang out between run groups would be great. I'll make the drive next year to check it out.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Taken from the phone tower at cor 8 on Friday - sorry - I just had to get the car in the picture. I'm now told from someone in the know but sworn to secrecy that it will be an UNDERPASS where the current tunnel under 9/10 is and the dirt piled up in the back ground is to be used for filling in areas. Asked about paving and got a 'wink'. Asked about more run off and got a 'smile'. So there you go. I was at 2A yesterday during the BARC region racing event and noticed trees cut down on the hill above and behind us??? Also lots of work at the main entrance area leading to the tunnel and of course half the area above race control all the way across the hill to cor one is under tons of dirt that is being built up for what appears to be one huge building. We can't even drive to the phone station at cor 1 for all the dirt in the way. All of the work being done is away from the track surface - as soon as the last rental day is done - look out!

I'll try to take more pic's at the next event.

Last edited by Torontoworker; 09-25-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:08 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the update, and yes, please keep them coming.

Oh, and you should have the car in all the pics
Old 09-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

K that pic looks awesome...kinda like a rally circuit
Old 09-08-2011, 09:44 AM
RAchmann
3rd Gear

Default Hosting new (old) events?

Perhaps the executive would like to pitch the track to new events like FIA GT1, Supercup, or perhaps F1? Well, that may be a stretch; imagine re-building to become something more like Abu Dhabi! Some improvements needed in anycase. Well, compared to Montreal which is also pretty plain other than the 1967 Expo buildings, the mountain...the fresh bagels...the Montreal smoke meat sandwhiches....mmmm...oh! sorry, got side tracked.

A better venue, for any reason would be a wonderful, welcome addition. I'd like to see that back 'woodland trail' behind 5 modernized and become more than servicable - perhaps be able to go completely around the track? Please. What about a hotel back there overlooking 5-6?

R
Old 09-08-2011, 10:20 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by RAchmann
Perhaps the executive would like to pitch the track to new events like FIA GT1, Supercup, or perhaps F1? Well, that may be a stretch; imagine re-building to become something more like Abu Dhabi! Some improvements needed in anycase. Well, compared to Montreal which is also pretty plain other than the 1967 Expo buildings, the mountain...the fresh bagels...the Montreal smoke meat sandwhiches....mmmm...oh! sorry, got side tracked.

A better venue, for any reason would be a wonderful, welcome addition. I'd like to see that back 'woodland trail' behind 5 modernized and become more than servicable - perhaps be able to go completely around the track? Please. What about a hotel back there overlooking 5-6?

R
Even potable water would be nice.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by RAchmann
Perhaps the executive would like to pitch the track to new events like FIA GT1, Supercup, or perhaps F1?
Evidently the new F1 track in Austin will have MotoGP and Australian V8s running there, but of course they're starting from scratch....At Mosport, a repave and new garages would make me more than happy.

Gary
Old 09-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I saw one of the new owners arrive on Sunday . While going up the back straight just before the hump I saw a helicopter around 100-150 feet above the track heading for a landing in the lower paddock.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:37 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Apparently NASCAR is the target.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Originally Posted by Brian 162
I saw one of the new owners arrive on Sunday . While going up the back straight just before the hump I saw a helicopter around 100-150 feet above the track heading for a landing in the lower paddock.
We call out, 'Air Wolf on final' over the phones when we see him. (Everyone stand up straight and tuck in that shirt!)
Old 09-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

He stood in line to dine on a Mc. Mosport.

Quick Reply: construction started at mosport