Notices

construction started at mosport

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:13 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian 162
He stood in line to dine on a Mc. Mosport.
Really? Ha! I wonder if the food is now going to be different for next year.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

New entrance.

Last edited by Torontoworker; 09-25-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. Where exactly is that Doug?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:07 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

Hope they recoup this through events and not casual track users.....just as I get into it.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by pickering993
Cool. Where exactly is that Doug?
The first shot (in other post above) is of the old road in from gate #3 that your used to entering through.

The second shot (below) with the road curving to the right? I'm driving down the slope from corner 10 and I am right at the point where the old swing open gates were to get onto the track. The cones in front stop cars from driving into the gap for the new tunnel. The old entrance at cor 10 may disappear or only be used for emergency vehicles in the future.

Look straight ahead and across the dirt to where that big pile of dirt is by the road: That dirt is going to be removed and behind that dirt is the outside registration building. The new track entrance is right beside this building just to the right of where the dirt is. Notice that all the outside concrete property walls are missing? Now the rigs will have a straight shot into the tunnel. The road to the new admin building would cut across past where that piece of plastic is on the extreme right of this photo. No sign of the admin building going up but perhaps the footings are in already? Construction of buildings in winter has never stopped the people behind this project before...

The other shot (2nd down) is where our trailers used to be! Almost all of them are over at cor one infield for a short stay until the new spot is finished. (no we don't know where that will be)

The cement pouring for the tunnel looks very close - I'd say this week. I think the cover over and repave of the tunnel area could be finished before winter. Hopefully the graded area where corner nine *was* will be finished off giving more run off room. It looks wider to me but it all depends on where the walls end up being poured/placed.

The lower paddock looks to be extended over where we used to live and a new paved road all the way into it looks like it's next.

The changes are coming fast but in the end I think everyone will be happy including the 'fees going up' scare mongers.

The reason I remain convinced of higher cash flow to come:

ISC was the principal organizer for the past three years, but after last August's race, it told NASCAR it no longer wanted to remain in its capacity here. The decision came after ISC officials failed to persuade Tourisme-Québec to come up with at least $500,000 to support the event in the future, with a similar amount sought from the federal government.

Octane Management already is the promoter for Formula One's Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and an IndyCar event in Edmonton. Dumontier said the decision to take on responsibility for the NAPA Auto Parts 200 was based on enthusiasm for NASCAR in Quebec and across the country, as well as the history of the event, first held in 2007.

Octane recently signed a new one-year deal with NASCAR. "I signed it knowing we didn't have public (money) support, and it took a few weeks before we signed it," Dumontier said. "But I think, on both sides, we're quite happy about the terms and conditions."
Read this as Nationwide to Mosport in 2013! In fact it came down to the wire two weeks ago as I understand it as the ALMS weekend was to be a Fri-Sat event with Nationwide on Sunday if the contract with Octane was not signed by the deadline they gave them. The comment about NASCAR only signs 1 year agreements? BS - they just ended a THREE year agreement! Now Octane are scrambling to find the 1 million payment that WON'T come from Governments.

So now the mystery of the two day ALMS weekend now back to three day weekend (funny how fast that changed!) is solved - for now... But Octane isn't going to be able to afford this race without funding even for one year, let alone multi years. Funding that I hear, Mosport already had lined up which I can't mention.

Last edited by Torontoworker; 09-25-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:51 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Thanks Doug, keep us posted.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Amazing to see the transformation...thanks a ton for all the pics and commentary Doug!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:37 PM
mdex
Racer

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Hope they recoup this through events and not casual track users.....just as I get into it.
Looks like a 10 to 15 percent hike for next year from my latest chat with them.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:55 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by mdex
Looks like a 10 to 15 percent hike for next year from my latest chat with them.
No surprise. They ain't doing it out of the goodness of their heart. This kind of expenditure has to ROI.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:03 PM
UltimateBlogger
2nd Gear

Exclamation New Pictures

We received some pictures taken this past weekend that shows heavy construction underway at Mosport.

We asked around and put together a blog post full of gossip, speculation, and more pictures.

http://www.endrasbmw.com/11/whats-ha...ved-racetrack/
Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2011, 02:23 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UltimateBlogger
We received some pictures taken this past weekend that shows heavy construction underway at Mosport.

We asked around and put together a blog post full of gossip, speculation, and more pictures.

http://www.endrasbmw.com/11/whats-ha...ved-racetrack/
Welcome. I don't see any turn 2 changes in your photos, though.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:29 PM
UltimateBlogger
2nd Gear

From what we are told, the spectator hill between C2 and C3 has been halved in size providing a better overview of the track. It'll also be much safer for the drivers as they can now see around C3, a frequent incident area. The track however doesn't look like it'll change at C2 or C3. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:40 PM
lopro
Banned

I love that they are doing some mods to the place. makes for better days at moe sport

It's great that they have ALMS, Im so sad that I missed out on this years race.

Positive Support to mosport. I used to live nearby for over 20 years. What a great place to be
Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Rev_2_8k
Instructor

Does anyone know if the construction will affect the racing for ALMS next year?

They had a ton of pics and a small blurb on Auto Blog today...
Old 11-17-2011, 12:13 AM
lopro
Banned

I think im going to need construction on the front my pants because of that pic REV_2_8K

Quick Reply: construction started at mosport