Notices

Boxster Cigarette Lighter 'Plug'

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:58 AM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 195 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Boxster Cigarette Lighter 'Plug'

Any thoughts on where to locate a 'plug' for my cigaratte lighter socket. I have the lighter however I don't smoke and wanted to put something in its place. I checked DFC and they don't have anything. My Volvo wagon has a simple plastic cap that pops on/off for charging cell phone etc. Thanks....
Old 04-12-2010, 12:25 PM
vipola
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure there is an item number, did you tryed to phone your dealer?
other case try to phone other dealer, maybe toyota would have a nice cover in stock like you look for
Old 04-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I would think there would be a generic cap available at Canadian Tire, or something - that's where I'd look.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:17 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

See if you can find a VW part... on my jetta there's no cigarette piece that comes out, it's just a spring-loaded cap that flips up and gives access to the power supply.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pfitzsim
Any thoughts on where to locate a 'plug' for my cigaratte lighter socket. I have the lighter however I don't smoke and wanted to put something in its place. I checked DFC and they don't have anything. My Volvo wagon has a simple plastic cap that pops on/off for charging cell phone etc. Thanks....
Paul, maybe nineapart might have something like this, give him a call.

Otherwise, just take up smoking, it'll be easier then finding a plug! LOL
Old 04-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

If you call nineapart, be prepared to pay twice market price for the wrong part...
Old 04-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Option M580 was the non smokers option. The lighter was replaced with a plug and a ciggie with a stroke (no pun intended!) through it. They also pulled out the ashtray door and cup and replaced it with an open box for coins I guess - to rattle around in.

The lighter socket behind remains fully functional this way instead of someone jamming in a round piece of plastic and ending the power outlets usefulness or at least making it a pain to use. You could make your own plug up by removing the heating element from the lighter and mounting some rubber piece for a friction fit. And if your creative with white out you could come up with a nasty no smoking sign!! I don't know... like a gun to the side of a smokers head or something? LOL
Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 514 Likes on 327 Posts

Might as well get this?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...49ffdbbb48en02
Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 PM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 195 Likes on 137 Posts

Thanks - I actually ordered the non smokers option 'kit' from DFC last week however the guy at the parts counter didn't exude a lot of confidence and when the kit arrived it didn't have the plug (just the plastic sleeve). Perhaps I'll follow Sultan's advice and take up smoking - I'm sure I could get a could price on a family pack of Rothmans at Costco.

Quick Reply: Boxster Cigarette Lighter 'Plug'