Notices

Exceptional 991.2 C4S at Porsche Oakville

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2024, 02:09 PM
Nuvolari
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Exceptional 991.2 C4S at Porsche Oakville

Hi Everyone, I wanted to let the community know of a truly exceptional car available at Porsche Oakville. Full details are in the listing link below but what is not mentioned is that the car has extensive PPF and ceramic coating, new tires, recent major service, and has CPO warranty until mid 2025 (can be extended before expiration). Regarding condition I challenge anyone to find a cleaner car. Not a mark anywhere and even the underside of the front lip does not have a scratch (close to impossible on a 911). In full transparency this was my Brother's car that he traded to the dealer and we would love to see it go to an enthusiast home. Just sharing so the community can know if someone out there is looking for the best of the best 991.2 with a LOT of factory options.

https://finder.porsche.com/ca/en-CA/...99&int_id=8899
Old 09-18-2024, 07:09 PM
bobblehead
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 110 Posts

Msrp new 5.5 yrs ago was $160k. Now, dealer wants $143k. 🤔
The following 7 users liked this post by bobblehead:
dml (09-18-2024), Dupla (09-22-2024), KILOFINAL (09-18-2024), mhenry84 (09-22-2024), Onami (09-18-2024), Pags993 (09-18-2024), Slngshot (09-19-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-18-2024, 08:56 PM
Nuvolari
Intermediate

Yes these cars hold their value very well and the dealer offered VERY good money on trade. Another reason 911's are so awesome to own and enjoy.
Old 09-18-2024, 11:49 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

That's a funny price.
The following users liked this post:
Bud Fox (09-19-2024)
Old 09-19-2024, 12:14 AM
repcapale
Rennlist Member

Received 614 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
That's a funny price.
lol. There is more than the price that is funny here.
gc88 (09-19-2024)
Old 09-19-2024, 12:22 AM
red996
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 67 Posts

OMG. That's really nice. Blue is my thing. Love the 2 tone FULL LEATHER interior. Oh yea!

Last edited by red996; 09-19-2024 at 12:23 AM.
Nuvolari (09-22-2024)
Old 09-22-2024, 12:44 AM
sm7400
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Automatic. No sport seats. Tough sell.
Dupla (09-22-2024)
Old 09-22-2024, 01:33 AM
heroicdeath
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Also not a CPO at this price, is this dealer smoking crack?
Old 09-22-2024, 03:04 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by sm7400
Automatic. No sport seats. Tough sell.
Originally Posted by heroicdeath
Also not a CPO at this price, is this dealer smoking crack?
Top price for an average mileage car. It would definitely require CPO of at least the standard two years (I'd want 4 years) to bring some sense to it. Manual and sport seats will also appeal to the more "enthusiast" market which is where 911s go as they age.
Dupla (09-22-2024)
Old 09-22-2024, 07:05 PM
shiftgear
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

old man spec
Old 09-22-2024, 09:29 PM
Nuvolari
Intermediate

While spec is very much subjective this car is most certainly appeals to an elegant gentleman. It is stylish and understated while maintaining a sporty feel. Certainly not for everyone and not for the person who wants an all black car to take to the track. I can say that at car meets it was always seen as classy with people commenting how stylish the colour combo was in person.

I cannot comment on the pricing because it is up to the dealer to decide but what I do know is that the car was fastidiously maintained with many services (such as oil changes) done 3 times more often than the Porsche recommendation. Tires were changed based on durometer measurements rather than wear, and during the major service all items removed were carefully detailed before re-installation. All un-necessary by the book but it tells to the particular nature of the owner which is reflected in the overall condition of the car. The car is currently covered by CPO (absent from the listing) for close to another year and I'm sure an extension can be negotiated as part of a purchase agreement as Porsche will allow CPO extensions for up to 15 years.

Having owned all sorts of vehicles spanning 4 decades I have learned that you are always best paying a premium for a superb car as you can never get an average car to the same level for the difference of money. Ferrari guys always say that the most expensive Ferrari is a cheap one and that is absolutely true but it also applies to all makes.
Old 09-22-2024, 09:48 PM
prospect25
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuvolari
While spec is very much subjective this car is most certainly appeals to an elegant gentleman. It is stylish and understated while maintaining a sporty feel. Certainly not for everyone and not for the person who wants an all black car to take to the track. I can say that at car meets it was always seen as classy with people commenting how stylish the colour combo was in person.

I cannot comment on the pricing because it is up to the dealer to decide but what I do know is that the car was fastidiously maintained with many services (such as oil changes) done 3 times more often than the Porsche recommendation. Tires were changed based on durometer measurements rather than wear, and during the major service all items removed were carefully detailed before re-installation. All un-necessary by the book but it tells to the particular nature of the owner which is reflected in the overall condition of the car. The car is currently covered by CPO (absent from the listing) for close to another year and I'm sure an extension can be negotiated as part of a purchase agreement as Porsche will allow CPO extensions for up to 15 years.

Having owned all sorts of vehicles spanning 4 decades I have learned that you are always best paying a premium for a superb car as you can never get an average car to the same level for the difference of money. Ferrari guys always say that the most expensive Ferrari is a cheap one and that is absolutely true but it also applies to all makes.
If OP is so hyped on this car why not sell it for your BIL on an enthusiast site? 🧐 Markets contain buyers and sellers and it seems like both parties have already gotten what they wanted.

Last edited by prospect25; 09-22-2024 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-22-2024, 09:55 PM
Nuvolari
Intermediate

Originally Posted by prospect25
Curious what OPs relation is to the vehicle listed. Doesn’t sound like they were the previous owner and context clues lead me to believe they don’t work at the dealer. I’d be interested to know why someone is so eager to hype up a dealer listing without having any skin in the game 🧐
The answer to your question is clearly identified in the original post. The guys at Porsche Oakville treated both me and my brother really well and I just wanted to share with the community the availability of a really clean car and fill in some details that are not reflected in the sales ad. My goal is to help a fellow enthusiast as I have benefited from such posts in the past and hoped to pass on the favor.
Old 09-22-2024, 09:57 PM
prospect25
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuvolari
The answer to your question is clearly identified in the original post. The guys at Porsche Oakville treated both me and my brother really well and I just wanted to share with the community the availability of a really clean car and fill in some details that are not reflected in the sales ad. My goal is to help a fellow enthusiast as I have benefited from such posts in the past and hoped to pass on the favor.
Apolgies - my original post was edited and reposted. Same thoughts apply though
Old 09-22-2024, 10:44 PM
Nuvolari
Intermediate

Originally Posted by prospect25
If OP is so hyped on this car why not sell it for your BIL on an enthusiast site? 🧐 Markets contain buyers and sellers and it seems like both parties have already gotten what they wanted.
Selling a car of this value privately even to an enthusiast is full of problems. Leaving aside personal privacy and security concerns (ie. The Mississauga man who was run over selling his Cayenne is a scary example) going private is a huge pain. As a private individual you are always seen as a second best to a dealer so there is a significant price penalty on the sale price. You also have to rely on a buyer either paying cash or sorting out their own financing while a dealer can do this for you. Also you cannot offer an extended warranty the way a dealer can. In my brother's case his car was fully paid and the dealer offered him VERY good money on trade. He was getting another car so the tax value on the trade in was an immediate 13% savings right off the top. When you do all the math you will be ahead with zero effort let alone having to deal with a seemingly endless trail of time wasters. I used to never understand this until I tried selling a few high end cars privately. We'd really like the car to go to an enthusiast home but our patience does have limits. For everyone involved later model higher end cars are generally best to be sold through dealerships.

Quick Reply: Exceptional 991.2 C4S at Porsche Oakville