Notices

Touchless Carwashes in the GTA

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 01:09 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

The best self-service one I've found "downtown" is at the Shell on Dupont between Dufferin and Landsdowne. They seem to have high quality soap and relatively clean brushes. If you go, enter off of the side street just west of the station. The East entrance has a very steep grade, and the line often blocks that entrance.

There is another one on Bathurst just north of Dupont (but before the tracks), but it's mediocre. Each bay has two spots for cars, so if you're drying while someone else is washing, it's impossible... Also the brushes are pretty grimey.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
I don't use the touchless due to the chemicals.
my car has multiple layers on Ceramic Pro, stuff literally fly's off or doesn't stick
I just take it thru the wash to get the underbody washed off.
rarely even wash my cars in the summer anymore maybe once a month, stays clean all the time thanks to Ceramic Pro
Old 01-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 675 Likes on 446 Posts

The Petro Canada on Winston Churchill just north of the 403 is the only one that I use. No tracks either!
Old 01-11-2017, 05:30 AM
altesporsche
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zookie how do you find the Ceramic Pro ? any retailers in the GTA ?
Old 01-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by altesporsche
Zookie how do you find the Ceramic Pro ? any retailers in the GTA ?
sorry not sure why I said ceramic pro!! my car has Opti Gloss that Wes @ Orion Detailing did 2 years ago and getting it redone in 2 weeks. My wheels are Ceramic Pro's by Ali @ AutoBathElite

Opti Gloss has been amazing I barely washed my car in the past 2 years and every time I washed it, it looked like I just had a polished.
The Ceramic Pro (3 Coats) on the summer wheels, after putting 3-4k during the rally just power washed it with no soap, looked like brand new.
Winter wheels have Opti-Coat on them, same thing, drive thru car wash and looks like it was just profession polished inside and out

the Decals and Wrap from the rallies are much easier to come off as well, I know this because my driver side fender was repainted under warranty last winter and all the Decals and Wrap on that fender were really hard to come off coz I didn't have it Opti-Gloss'd after the paint work.

Best thing every for a DD

FYI I opti-coated my bathtub at home for fun, haven't scrubbed it since. gonna opti-coat the granite counter-top in the kitchen over the summer
Old 01-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
sorry not sure why I said ceramic pro!! my car has Opti Gloss that Wes @ Orion Detailing did 2 years ago and getting it redone in 2 weeks. My wheels are Ceramic Pro's by Ali @ AutoBathElite

Opti Gloss has been amazing I barely washed my car in the past 2 years and every time I washed it, it looked like I just had a polished.
The Ceramic Pro (3 Coats) on the summer wheels, after putting 3-4k during the rally just power washed it with no soap, looked like brand new.
Winter wheels have Opti-Coat on them, same thing, drive thru car wash and looks like it was just profession polished inside and out

the Decals and Wrap from the rallies are much easier to come off as well, I know this because my driver side fender was repainted under warranty last winter and all the Decals and Wrap on that fender were really hard to come off coz I didn't have it Opti-Gloss'd after the paint work.

Best thing every for a DD

FYI I opti-coated my bathtub at home for fun, haven't scrubbed it since. gonna opti-coat the granite counter-top in the kitchen over the summer
maybe I'll opti-coat my package as well; less cleaning and always shinny hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 01-12-2017, 11:15 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Chimcu
maybe I'll opti-coat my package as well; less cleaning and always shinny hmmmmmmmmmmmm
you wont have a sticky situation again
Old 01-12-2017, 12:56 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

For our daily drivers, I bought the petro Canada seasons pass. 1 wash a day for 95 days. A little costly at $200+,but I don't pay to get my pcar detailed.

I'm hoping to use it 30x in 95 days, we'll see.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:44 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree...I used the touchless car wash for my F-150 and after the water dried you could still see the layer of grime on the paint.

I find hand washing the car a bonding experience. I use Beaches Coin-Op Carwash @ 1700 Queen St. East for the 911 and all my motorcycles. The facility is very well maintained, not too busy and they have HOT water for winter washing.

Originally Posted by theiceman
I did some research on touchless washes some time ago ( years ) and I cam to the conclusion that in order for touchless car washes to effectively clean your car they must use extremely strong detergents to get the car clean , in effect stripping off any wax or oher paint protection you have put on the car. May not make a difference with clear coats but thought this was worth mentioning. Many things may have cahnged since then however.

PS still fighting a brain virus so will not be at the GTG again this week. Nothing serious but I can not drive due to constant vertigo type symptoms.. see you guys soon.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:54 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

how do you guys wash the underbelly if you don't use the car washes? I'd imagine you want all that salt and crap to be removed ?
Old 01-13-2017, 11:22 AM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

At the coin operated car wash, you need to get under the car from all sides and inside the wheel well too. Have hoisted the car up after a wash it looked super clean after that process.

Originally Posted by Chimcu
how do you guys wash the underbelly if you don't use the car washes? I'd imagine you want all that salt and crap to be removed ?
Old 01-13-2017, 02:34 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 997_Toronto
At the coin operated car wash, you need to get under the car from all sides and inside the wheel well too. Have hoisted the car up after a wash it looked super clean after that process.
Thanks for the tip? Let's meet up at a coin car wash and maybe you can show me how to do it once
Old 01-13-2017, 03:33 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

Most do it yourself places have nozzles that bend. So you use one hand on the base, and the other on the nozzle. It'll bend 30 degrees or so.

Either that, or I've been ruining self wash power washers all over the city for years!
Old 01-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

We buy season's passes at Petro Canand try to wash one car every day.

Petro Can at Walker's and Upper Middle has great touchless with 90 seconds of drying time.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:11 PM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

"The best self-service one I've found "downtown" is at the Shell on Dupont between Dufferin and Landsdowne."
Just tried this recommendation out on my Audi DD. So much better than Bathurst and Dupont and I never would have found it without this recommendation....thanks very much!
On the subject of Opti-coat, I had Wes at Orion apply it in on my wife's new BMW 328D wagon this summer. I concur with Zook.....washing is less frequent and dirt/grime/tar etc seems to glide off.
Note that Wes does paint correction first, even on new vehicles.

Quick Reply: Touchless Carwashes in the GTA