Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 10:40 PM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 993 C2S or C4S

Hi,

Looking for an arctic silver or arena red with black interior 993 C2S or C4S. Has to be 6 speed, preferably with 18" turbo twist wheels (relevant to C2S) and no aerokit or turbo tail. Maximum mileage 90,000 km. Prefer private sellers (no GST and better prices) but not a deal breaker.

Any leads would be most appreciated.

I've got my finger on the trigger and am itching to pull it. Spring is here in Vancouver and it's time to drive!

David
Old 04-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I think lots of us would be interested in how the search goes. I have had little luck with the "traditional" sources (Autotrader.ca, local dealers etc) when looking for a great deal on an 993 or 964. (I'm torn between the two and hope that the "right" deal tips me in one direction or the other).

The Porsche I have now was a two line ad in the Toronto Star - I don't think the kid knew what he had and I'm pretty sure I got a good deal - all the other S2's for sale are well over $20K (although in better shape and lower miles).

Let us know how it goes!

RK
Old 04-07-2004, 08:29 PM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

I will.

I check the Vancouver Sun daily and have for 3 months. Not one private sale. I check Autotrader across Canada, Buy and Sell in the west. I check 4 or 5 Vancouver high end dealer sites weekly. I check all the Porsche dealers in Canada and the US using the search engine. I check the high end Toronto dealerships that I know of weekly.

I also check a lot of sites in the US.

In Vancouver, I have seen 3 cars for sale, all from dealers. One was thrashed, one is a Tip and the other was Ocean Jade.

Very frustrating. I am reasonably sure that I will buy a car in the US. Have looked into the regulations on importing a 993 and it is pretty straightforward. The part that sucks is the 6.1% duty because they are made in Germany and the GST, irrespective of whether it is a private sale or from a dealer.

Any tips would be most appreciated.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:39 PM
delhi
Racer

you think that's tough? try looking for an M Coupe!
Old 04-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you have it well covered - there was a great thread here in the Canada forum about importing from the States - great info and links.

I think the search boils down largely to effort, knowledge and a healthy dose of luck. Perserverence WILL pay off! (I say this to convince myself in equal measure!)

Let us know how it goes.

But what I don't understand is how to DIVERT cars from the dealer path. How do we get to those cars BEFORE they are traded in?

One of the best deals I got was through a friend who sold me a car for what the dealer was offering him. He knew I liked it - had had the dealer quote on the trade in-value (against an M coupe as it happens!) and then called me up and offered it to me for THE SAME PRICE. Needless to say - I snapped it up - saving thousands. Like I said - healthy dose of luck.

Happy hunting!

RK

Quick Reply: Looking for 993 C2S or C4S