Notices

Great Toronto service shop experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 12:42 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Great Toronto service shop experience

The S2 would not start last night. Had it towed home - checked DME relay and all fuses. Thumped floor by DME. No luck.

Fab'd DME relay jumper - fuel pumps runs - car still wouldn't start - cranks strongly.

Put timing light on coil - no signal.

So - prolly coil or ignition module - neither of which I have lying about.

Have car towed to GTi Tuning at Lawrence and Warden.

A few hours later - Jasper calls me - he's tested for signal and ground at the IM and they are good (meaning DME is good and DME relay is good) so it's gotta be the IM. Orders part.

2 houirs after that - get a call from Jasper - car is runnung fine. Also sourced and installed cooling fan thermo switch which had failed - said I could pick up car anytime - he was going to be there till 8:30! (on a Friday nigth)

Went and got car - all parts and labour - less than $300. Less than 24 hours later - I'm back on the road and a happy camper - esp since I have my car for the weekend.

It's a rough looking shop - but Jasper's knowledge of 944's seems strong - he's a super friendly guy and his rates seem great.

So far so good - I'd recommend him...

GTi Tuning
2139 Lawrence - east of Warden
416-757-8037
Unit 5
Old 03-29-2004, 10:31 AM
delhi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad you liked GTi TUning. his shop is obscured and it even looked rundown even for any car shop let alone Porsches! TOo bad he's so far from where I am.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

And that's his biggest appeal for me - MINUTES away. Well, aside from his apparent skill and good prices. But yeah - the place looks like a wreck. Guess it's a case of not judging a book by it's cover. I know another shop that's a mess that does awesome work at very resonable prices. Maybe cleanliness has a cost? : )

Thanks, Delhi - for turning me onto GTi.

RK

Quick Reply: Great Toronto service shop experience