Notices

Another Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 05:36 AM
Maloo22
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Newbie

Hi all, have been surfing the thread for a while , and now that I've had mine for a while the fun begins

So was wondering if anyone knows of or has a set of 996 Turbo rims floating around - specifically for track days so I don't have to chamge tyres all the time

Also, looking for CF interior bits - if anyone knows or has access to someone competant with CF ( I heard some of the ex team NZ sailing guys are doing all sorts of custom CF parts but can't get names or numbers unfortunately )

Mine had the walnut trim as an option.............and has been painted black but looks very average

Has anyone tried Michelin PS2 N3 tyres? Unfortunately the new super sports don't come in myn size, and I don't want to go up a rim size either

have dome the rounds and Pirelli don't seem to get a good rap, Conti's get a decent rap but apparently hard to find, which leaves Michelin which everyone raves about as being great

have had them "pencil" a set in for me, but if anyone has any additonal feedback I'm all ears

Look forward to any feedback,comments,contributions anyone has - have to love forums as away of learning from others and saving paying for bad experiences

Last edited by Maloo22; 03-26-2014 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:37 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

Welcome Maloo. I don't have answers to your questions, but can offer the recommendation to check out www.tirerack.com if you're looking for tyres. With shipping, GST and Duty it still tends to end up cheaper than buying locally. Surprised the Michelin PSS don't come in your size, are you running stock 996T rims?

Head over to this thread and introduce yourself. A good group of guys, posting often. Should join the next track day or weekend run that will no doubt show up in the thread.
https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...aland-771.html
Old 03-28-2014, 01:13 AM
Maloo22
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
Welcome Maloo. I don't have answers to your questions, but can offer the recommendation to check out www.tirerack.com if you're looking for tyres. With shipping, GST and Duty it still tends to end up cheaper than buying locally. Surprised the Michelin PSS don't come in your size, are you running stock 996T rims?

Head over to this thread and introduce yourself. A good group of guys, posting often. Should join the next track day or weekend run that will no doubt show up in the thread.
https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...aland-771.html

Will do

Yes, standard rims which are 18's which is the problem, 19's no problem, but not 18's

Quick Reply: Another Newbie