new rennlister from nz

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 06:18 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new rennlister from nz

Hi all

I've been lurking around these parts for a while and thought i'd say hi. What a great forum. Members alway seem to be willing to give helping hand!

Sadly I don't own a porsche, yet, but not without trying I've always wanted a Porsche and finally reached a point in my life when I can seriously consider it viable. To be honest i've recently become a bit obsessed with 964's though I always preferred 993's. I missed couple of recent sales - particularly a low milage , black c4 in Chch that I was especially taken with. Thats what happens when you leave the country for business, doh!

Does anyone have any advice on buying strategy? I'm new to the community so not sure who would be good to talk to. Is there any dealers or workshops that deal particularly with 964's?

I understand the purchase price is only part of the financial ownership proposition so am willing and able to maintain a car to keep it in top shape. Any other advice to the neophyte in this area would be appreciated (typical immediate remedial work, maintenance, etc).

I'm not after a daily driver but a car to be used for best, club runs, etc. I'd ideally like a '91+, manual c2.

Cheers everyone. I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community.

Warwick
Old 02-27-2014, 10:39 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Welcome Warwick

Thanks for your comments and, yes, I have found the NZ rennlisters to be a great crowd too. If you're still looking for advice, just ask in the main forum (Any Rennlisters here from New Zealand?) and I'm sure someone will give you a few pointers. Most of the NZ advice has been given a few times over though so a search will also likely throw up as much as you can read.

Having seen some on their delivery run from Auckland to Wellington back in '89, I have a soft spot for 964s but don't actually know much about the aircooled cars as my 996 turbo was too good a deal to pass up when I was looking to replace the old 928.

Cheers - Walter

Quick Reply: new rennlister from nz