Notices

Exhaust system for 997.1T available locally (NZ)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:07 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Exhaust system for 997.1T available locally (NZ)

Potentially after a replacement due to minor damage to a cat. From what I can see Milltek and Remus are available, but can't find many other options.

Tip, so will tend to sit at lower revs than a manual. Conscious of and want to avoid potential drone increase. A component of the decision to go third party is price. Any additional sound enhancement or power increase is a bonus. I'm well past my teens so don't need it to wake the neighbors.

Have any of you driving a 997.1 Turbo replaced your stock system? Europipe seems to be a consistent choice for a more reserved change.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:13 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

NZ Skater,

It may be a gross generalisation, but the NZ Porsche fraternity is relatively small, and numbers of NZ people online with the same car even smaller. Generally, we use the forum for our car type for advice then scout round for the best price to import. I've yet to find cheaper parts in NZ than I could import directly. Your car is relatively young, so you'll unlikely be able to source second hand locally.

Good luck.

Cheers
John
Old 09-28-2013, 07:32 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

Thanks John, appreciate the response. Cat is fine so don't need the replace, which I'm extremely happy about.

Owning this car has definitely helped nudge me into a steep learning curve about the mechanics of it all, very good fun but so much to learn. Appreciate all the help I can get!

On an importation note, I've often used a US shipping company (www.shipito.com) to get hold of goods that US retailers won't send internationally or that would be cost prohibitive due to duty costs. Is there something similar you guys use for acquiring parts from Europe/Germany etc?
Old 09-29-2013, 03:15 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
Thanks John, appreciate the response. Cat is fine so don't need the replace, which I'm extremely happy about. Owning this car has definitely helped nudge me into a steep learning curve about the mechanics of it all, very good fun but so much to learn. Appreciate all the help I can get! On an importation note, I've often used a US shipping company (www.shipito.com) to get hold of goods that US retailers won't send internationally or that would be cost prohibitive due to duty costs. Is there something similar you guys use for acquiring parts from Europe/Germany etc?
I haven't run into any problems with shipping from Europe, so don't know of any trans shippers there. BTW In terms of cost, the all up price and delivery time is often better from Europe.

Quick Reply: Exhaust system for 997.1T available locally (NZ)