Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 04:13 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
The value outside of Auckland is difficulty to defy. 85m2 4 car+ garage with 18m2 attached office. Arrived four hours ago and garage is already well under way. Will look awesome this time next week with GT4+2 x GT3+RS all 1:1 scale tucked away aye Paul & Leong! Big thanks to Matty B who was an awesome help today...
Great to see you and Jo settling in Macca, plus a track day and some visitors next weekend to top it off.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:16 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks John. A long way from normal yet and have to return to Auckland for a few days this week so will take a little while to settle in but it sure has been fun/interesting filling the shelves!

Forgotten I had most of this stuff!
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2017, 05:25 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

More craziness - this time in the office. The stamina craze I had forgotten! Gonna be some garage sale lol!
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2017, 05:27 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

The 1/8 scale 993 is quite lovely. I built it in a caffeine fuelled 12 hours!
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2017, 06:56 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Thanks John. A long way from normal yet and have to return to Auckland for a few days this week so will take a little while to settle in but it sure has been fun/interesting filling the shelves! Forgotten I had most of this stuff!
It's been over four years since we left Jakarta and we are still sorting out some things. The major issue is the getting your head around what belongs firmly in the past and then what to do with it. Trademe and more often than not charities are your friends to achieving a clutter free life.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:56 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
It's been over four years since we left Jakarta and we are still sorting out some things. The major issue is the getting your head around what belongs firmly in the past and then what to do with it. Trademe and more often than not charities are your friends to achieving a clutter free life.
Spot on John. Made it through till 2am trying to make a dent in it. Looks like there's another 12hrs work there at least and that's just sorting an and putting away. eBay pile is getting bigger!

Busy week. GT3 has had a big refresh and is ready for track season. Pick up this week. GT4 lands Wednesday but it will be next week before I can get those to compliance. Track day this weekend with a number of participants staying.

I'll get back to the dig
Old 02-25-2017, 05:32 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Spot on John. Made it through till 2am trying to make a dent in it. Looks like there's another 12hrs work there at least and that's just sorting an and putting away. eBay pile is getting bigger! Busy week. GT3 has had a big refresh and is ready for track season. Pick up this week. GT4 lands Wednesday but it will be next week before I can get those to compliance. Track day this weekend with a number of participants staying. I'll get back to the dig
I spent yesterday tidying up the garage and still no where near pristine, but I do have room to drop the engine and mount it on the stand. Then I need to workout how to create a clean space/room for Herman's reseal. Might make it to NITT at this rate....
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2017, 09:04 PM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So you're setting up the garage and Jo's doing the rest of the house?

Jealous of that garage! A modern double garage like ours is tight. I would've happily traded a few m2 from the rest of the house to make the garage a bit bigger.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:57 PM
young_dennis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993 Targa
I'd be interested to hear some first hand experience with those trailers, they look good, spendy though.
I am looking at getting one of these trailers. Looking from a cost perspective they seem to be worth it compared to the asking prices of some of the **** box trailers out there. Realistically these are only a few grand more but seem more user friendly. I would prefer their original older style galvanised trailer as it would not have any issues with corrosion.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:02 PM
young_dennis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to get a single axle trailer made up for the SC, was looking at the Furtura low loaders, however someone who used a dual axle gave me an unfavorable review, thought they flexed too much on uneven surfaces pulling out of driveways etc. Has anyone checked these out?

http://www.futuratrailers.com/[/QUOTE]

Keep me posted what trailer you will get, would be great to try a trailer with a 911 on it, but I'm to far away to try
Old 02-25-2017, 11:18 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

All this garage talk.....Mine is currently trashed. Ceiling is down to sort out some steel for the upstairs work. Lots of crap comes through the old floorboards and various other old holes in the floor. So the place is a tip and no end in sight. Daily clean up after builders go and dust off the SC. I gave up my new workshop area to the family as a media room as it turned out to be a nice space. Upside is that I get an extra 25m2 for a workshop off the side of the 4 car garage so good news there.
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2017, 02:41 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry guys - but this dribble is getting boring..... (though I do like Macca's stash and will take a closer look in the weekend). To help spice it up (for those of you not on PCNZ FB) - photos of a few of the RSG gang in action yeasterday. Walter did a fine job of being the quickest and beating a few GT4's/991 GT3.

These autocross's are good fun, I think most preferred to doing than the full track. Also says alot about car set up and driver skill, as really no advantage to outright BHP. The air-cooled stuff was holding up quite nicely......
Attached Images           
Old 02-26-2017, 03:10 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Sorry guys - but this dribble is getting boring..... (though I do like Macca's stash and will take a closer look in the weekend). To help spice it up (for those of you not on PCNZ FB) - photos of a few of the RSG gang in action yeasterday. Walter did a fine job of being the quickest and beating a few GT4's/991 GT3. These autocross's are good fun, I think most preferred to doing than the full track. Also says alot about car set up and driver skill, as really no advantage to outright BHP. The air-cooled stuff was holding up quite nicely......
What was the format of the day? Craig seemed to be right on the pace for the last few rounds.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:12 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 140 Posts

Hey Macca,

Here is an interesting post 964 versus Focus RS https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...yesterday.html

S
Old 02-26-2017, 01:14 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 140 Posts
Default 964 Versus Macca

Hey Macca,

Here is an interesting post 964 versus Focus RS https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...yesterday.html

S

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?