Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 06:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by shiraz
Think I got lucky, power outage must have been recent - hit re-set button & was showing green within a couple hours. Have you done any form of Porsche driving experience? Had a look at their Leipzig web site, but they were closed most of July. https://www.porsche-leipzig.com/en/o...vent-packages/ Better planning for next time!
Sounds like the saviour was the cut out switch. Saved the battery emptying back into the mains...

I've only done the Porsche driving experience 2 day course in Australia. Leipzig is awesome and on my bucket list along with Spa, Goodwood and Bonneville. I intend to knock some of those off over in 017 & 018 if I can but wife may have other ideas!
Old 08-25-2016, 07:06 AM
shiraz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have never seen this thread so inactive!
Got new rear rubber today ( Bridge S001 ), new clutch fluid & bleed, new sparkers & gearbox oil.
Cheers
Old 08-25-2016, 06:03 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 564 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by shiraz
Have never seen this thread so inactive! Got new rear rubber today ( Bridge S001 ), new clutch fluid & bleed, new sparkers & gearbox oil. Cheers
Dave, most of the banter has moved to Facebook, albeit spread amongst a few group sites rather than in one thread. The ease of posting there makes a reawakening here unlikely.

What gearbox fluid did you choose? Was it ready for a change or are you hoping to make it smoother?
Old 08-25-2016, 10:00 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

Yes. The ease of posting certainly makes for some interesting reading. Anyone still lurking here?

A little sad that this thread has quietened - it was the catalyst for me meeting a lot of people when I first bought my car, and I doubt people will find the Facebook groups as easily due to their privacy and the fact you'd have to search for them on Facebook and not via the G search engine.

I'm still active on Rennlist, albeit in the 997 Turbo specific forums - still second to none as far as useful Techinical chat is concerned.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:15 PM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not up with the play with rwb but this is one I would happy own.. https://www.excellence-mag.com/class...3#.V7-Xb-CxXqD
Old 08-26-2016, 04:26 AM
shiraz
Racer

Originally Posted by John McM
Dave, most of the banter has moved to Facebook, albeit spread amongst a few group sites rather than in one thread. The ease of posting there makes a reawakening here unlikely.

What gearbox fluid did you choose? Was it ready for a change or are you hoping to make it smoother?
Hi John, took it to the fine folk at Autothority - they use Liqui Moly for everything. Have an additive with it also. Had an intermittent issue when Hot sometimes. Apparently the old oil was showing signs of being a bit old & burned. Took long way home ( familiar to Doug & Macca ), but ice/frost grit everywhere.
Clutch also feels better for new fluid & bleeding. Tyres no longer slicks.
Tranny feels better ( should've given more thought to that phrase !), but need more kms to assess.
Good deals to be had on Bridgestone at moment.
Cheers - D
Old 08-26-2016, 05:43 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pel
Not up with the play with rwb but this is one I would happy own.. https://www.excellence-mag.com/class...3#.V7-Xb-CxXqD
I'm not anti RWB but also not a "fan" but every now and then they come up with one that I think hmmm thats actually quite nice.
Attached Images   
Old 08-26-2016, 06:39 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

IMO, Facebook has irrevocably weakened the community we created. That includes RSG. No ones fault, just what it is. Since Facebook, traffic here is now nil.

RSG closed user site has ground to an absolute halt and it's difficult even to get interest in NITT.

I suspect 4-5 new "Porsche" Facebook groups being posted on 15 times a day each has exhausted most enthusiasts appetite for lengthy discuss or debate elsewhere. Understandable.

Facebook is short sound bites lost in downward scrolling, "forever" punctuated by "view replies" links - not sure how anyone finds anything long term without their scroll finger dropping off. How frustrating. I read it daily but the appeal is lost on me. There is no lengthy discourse to be had there so it definitely doesn't suit my personal style, though I understand it satiates many including Those who want to immediately post multiple pictures of what they are up to by iPhone. I guess is the product of a busy generation who like to poke.

The good news is "email" is still alive and kicking so i still have proper discourse with many of you via email which is great. The ones who seem too busy to bother with more than a one line four word email a week to return., curiously seem to purge 500 words of discourse a day on various FB pages. You know who you are. Excuses of time don't wash. We've all been busy. Time management may be lacking however.

I do miss sitting down with a cup of coffee for a good solid 15 million nuts read catching up on half a day of banter on RL. Especially Walts emails where often I need to concentrate fully and often come out with a better understanding of science or physics or something lol!

Rennlist is my family and I'm still very active daily. I have met so many great folk on here, then in real life all, over the world and had such great car experiences through these relationships over the last 15 years it's very much part of my life. A big part of our last trip was Car/Space and aviation related all hosted through long formed Rennlist international relationships.

I will try and check back here every few weeks as I've been doing, but sadly I don't give it much hope.

Things move on, things change, natural progression and all that...
Old 08-26-2016, 08:02 PM
mikey_audiogeek
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
IMO, Facebook has irrevocably weakened the community we created. That includes RSG. No ones fault, just what it is. Since Facebook, traffic here is now nil.

RSG closed user site has ground to an absolute halt and it's difficult even to get interest in NITT.

I suspect 4-5 new "Porsche" Facebook groups being posted on 15 times a day each has exhausted most enthusiasts appetite for lengthy discuss or debate elsewhere. Understandable.

Facebook is short sound bites lost in downward scrolling, "forever" punctuated by "view replies" links - not sure how anyone finds anything long term without their scroll finger dropping off. How frustrating. I read it daily but the appeal is lost on me. There is no lengthy discourse to be had there so it definitely doesn't suit my personal style, though I understand it satiates many including Those who want to immediately post multiple pictures of what they are up to by iPhone. I guess is the product of a busy generation who like to poke.

The good news is "email" is still alive and kicking so i still have proper discourse with many of you via email which is great. The ones who seem too busy to bother with more than a one line four word email a week to return., curiously seem to purge 500 words of discourse a day on various FB pages. You know who you are. Excuses of time don't wash. We've all been busy. Time management may be lacking however.

I do miss sitting down with a cup of coffee for a good solid 15 million nuts read catching up on half a day of banter on RL. Especially Walts emails where often I need to concentrate fully and often come out with a better understanding of science or physics or something lol!

Rennlist is my family and I'm still very active daily. I have met so many great folk on here, then in real life all, over the world and had such great car experiences through these relationships over the last 15 years it's very much part of my life. A big part of our last trip was Car/Space and aviation related all hosted through long formed Rennlist international relationships.

I will try and check back here every few weeks as I've been doing, but sadly I don't give it much hope.

Good summary Macca!

Except for the "15 million nuts" bit
Old 08-26-2016, 08:33 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Mikey. iPad messed up my "15 minutes". But I do like nuts too ;-)
Old 08-26-2016, 09:08 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

That pretty much sums it up.

I use Rennlist to document my refurbs. I still suffer through the photo posting process etc for that because its the best way to document items that can be referred back to. I don't have the patience to use it for banter when FB is so much more user friendly.

FYI: I've been asked to write a few articles in Spiel about the Project Car refurb. There will be some readers of those articles who don't use the Internet at all. It's all about communication methods. I don't think there is any right or wrong but it would surprise me if this thread came back to life unless it had at least two or three core posters.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:20 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Agreed. The King is dead. Long live the King. Let's hope RSG doesn't suffer the same fate...
Old 08-27-2016, 03:49 AM
O2GO
Drifting

If the vendors/owners of Rennlist kept supporting their platform with easy to use apps and web interfaces (they don't and so it's hard to use) we wouldn't be frustrated and moving away from it. Agree that old posts get buried on FB and take a lot to dig up... Although this morning it only took me a couple of minutes to locate a photo I posted 5 years ago on FB. The RSG group on FB gets some action from many of us although small sound bites rather than big long posts. Did you see the thread on Mark's Fraser purchase? Lots of q and a plus photos, likes and comments.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:32 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

RSG is going from strength to strength. It's a pity that the various choices of posting platforms are dividing us but the reality is that FB gives more interaction options e.g. Notifying people a comment has been addressed to them.

Last edited by John McM; 08-27-2016 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:50 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed. The King is dead. Long live the King. Let's hope RSG doesn't suffer the same fate...
Macca, I'm going to post you a hankie............

Personally, I see it differently.

I no longer post on here as there is no control over who see's the comments and you don't know who all the lurkers are.

I am happy to talk to RSG'ers, PCNZ members and Pcar enthusiasts - but not really to unknown lurkers who can't be arsed contributing.

This site is (was) propped up by circa 15-20 regular posters - I say time for some of the 100's of lurkers to now shoulder the load and share their Pcar stories.

P.s - thanks for my love present
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?