Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Old 03-04-2006, 03:11 AM
nirich
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Ok then...thats it...been and done it......sent a cheque to the Porsche Club......finally.

I'll let you know how i get on with the plugs......should be interesting at least. Yes it would be easy to get someone else to do it but i want to learn a bit more about my car and have the satisfaction of saying i did it.

I too had an embarassing moment on here. Like asking what the switch under the dash does.......um....electric mirrors!
Old 03-04-2006, 03:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Nick, Craig, Jamie (9Eleven), Graheme (993Man) and all those other Kiwi P car drivers out there.

Great to hear us Kiwis are strong on the board. There is a guy Andrew down in CHCH who owns one of the smartest modified 944 turbos on the planet and had 6000+ posts!! So we are well represented!

Craig thanks for the compliment on my 968. I remember you from the DE day - swift driving too - good man - had trouble keeping the 964s behind me! 968 is for sale if you know someone who wants a great handling daily driver (6spd of course and immac as you say). See Trade Me.

Hope you all have a great Sat night...

Cheers

Macca
Old 03-05-2006, 01:51 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Well if you are a member as of Monday, get your name in for the driver training day at Puke.
Thats the best fun you will have apart from going to work in your traffic every day.
There are 2 dates for it. July 9 and August 20. May the 21st there is a club run down to Coromandel
and lunch at the Peppertree cafe. These runs are really good and you get to meet the others in the club.
I never make many because of work, but from this year on I am going to make the time. Time to change my attitude about owning one of these cars. They need to be used, and not wrapped up in the garage.
Might see you at one of these events.
Cheers
Old 03-05-2006, 03:59 AM
nirich
Rennlist Member

A run down to Coromandel sounds good!
I have to agree about the car being used. Mine is now my daily driver, sold the wifes car and she now uses the BMW.
One day i guess i will actually get to meet both you and Macca.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:05 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Hi Nick
I am planning on doing that run. So you can buy the first beer as an initiation type thing.
Macca is moving to Vanuatu I think. If you are watching Macca, you going? There will be a heap of people I think from Auckland. These runs are really popular.
Man you are lucky using your 911 as a daily driver. I feel lucky to run up 100km's over a weekend.
There are also a ton of cops out there at the moment. Make sure you have a V1 or BEL going all the time.
Cheers
Old 03-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi 993Man,

Love to make those DE sessions. I will be offshore unfortunately (wont make the Coromandel run) - but may try and come back to catch one of the track sessions at least as it would be the first time in a number of years I will not get my fix on Pukes back straight! Doubt ill run the 993 (its too mint for the track :-)), but if I still have the e39 M5 id love to run that around and see what it will do. Suspect it will keep the 993/964s honest but not much more!

Ill just have to live my P car dreams through you lot for a while :-)

Macca
Old 03-06-2006, 06:49 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Macca
Have you seen that video of the M5 blasting the 911 Turbo into the weeds?
www.video.google.com and type in Porsche. You will find it and no doubt have a comment or 20!
I am still in denial after seeing that video. The Porsche was obviously faulty.
My car is also mint (too me) and Puke is the only place to let it stretch it's legs.
I reckon they are made for that place.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

993Man,

The e39 (v8) M5s a great sedan but it aint no 911 Turbo beater (unless its been highly modified). The new e60 M5 would probably keep your turbo honest in a straight line (possibly faster) but would be too ragged in the Ss. Must say tho that I have been really impressed with the M5 - compared to my RS2 Audi theres no comp - M5 wins hands down - far more a drivers car. A friend drove the M5 for a bit on teh weekend and reckonned it was a better drive than the RS6 he has had some seat time in...go figure....

Mint. Mate you dont know the meanining of the work :-) Seriously tho after the Xmas PCNZ concourse shes as good as shell get. I won out right on points but you then get points added for age. My car was 12 years old and Seans 930 (nice but not mint) was awarded 23 points (23 yrs) which tipped it. Anyway - nows the time to start using her again - concourse and wedding hack duties are over!! :-)

M
Old 03-07-2006, 03:43 AM
nirich
Rennlist Member

I think 993man has just conned me out of a beer.............
Old 03-08-2006, 07:35 PM
cbnz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have emailed Helen at PCNZ and you cannot register for the Driver days until June when the invites come out.
Last run I did to Coromandel it was raining heavily, real good fun over to Pauanui in the C4 with no traffic in front.
Doing the Kaipara run next weekend, not for those with concours cars as the last 2.5km is on gravel.
Would love to see the 993 at Puke Macca, a picture says a thousand words.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hey Craig. Thats usually the case with the DE days unfortunately - invite comes out in a month before and then first in best dressed.

I used to do the DE days in the 993. Unfortunately it was raining last time and I spun the car into the mud and grass. Put it up on jacks at Contis to remove wheels/wheel liners so I could get the mud and crap out. Big job - then someone said - while your at it you should tidy up the paint (been with me years and travelled all over the NI in this car -so a few stone chips). So I had a glass out respray and it all went down hill form there :-). Still its a keeper. Sits on Bilstiens with M030 Springs and RS adjustable sways with RS short shifter. That + the other mods give it a really nice feel on the track. Faster than the 968 by a fair margin in the dry at Puke but needs alot more skill than the 968 in the wet! Needless to say my wet 911 track skills need improving!! Hers a few pics I had done of them (a bit artistic perhaps)...Enjoy...

Macca
Attached Images      
Old 03-09-2006, 02:31 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Macca
Nice car. Cool pics.
I would never, and I mean never hack my car around Puke, or anywhere for that matter if it was raining. It's just to risky and I can't drive well enough. Well not well enough for my car anyway. I like it too much to do that.
I bet you crapped when you spun at Puke! It would be in slow motion and the internal calculator would be going hard!

Hey CBNZ.
Why do they arrange these runs on country roads? You gotta question that one.
That would be a nightmare. I can't imagine anyone would be that happy about it. Maybe it's just me being a wimp
Old 03-09-2006, 02:33 AM
nirich
Rennlist Member

Macca......your 993 is just gorgeous.

Cant wait to get some info on club runs etc.....sounds like a load of fun!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:48 AM
cbnz
Instructor

Macca, your comments regarding the wet is one of the reasons I went for a C4, slower, just, in the dry, but safer for a "new to 911" driver like me, understeer built in.
993Man, will probably not do the Kaipara run in the Porsche if it is raining, however, it is safer to drive on gravel roads than in Auckland traffic, I had the scars to prove it! The other guy would not pay up either... Doing the drive day at Puke is exactly what you should do IMHO, it will teach you what your car can do, personally, I hope that it is raining next time, though not too hard! The instructors are brilliant, especially the lead up to the track work. Maybe we will meet on the Coromandel run.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:50 AM
cbnz
Instructor

Macca, forgot, thanks for the pics, who did the paint work?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?