UAE vs. US Spec

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 04:07 AM
smiler51
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UAE vs. US Spec

Hey guys,

i wanna buy and import a 2006 997S from the States. I read in another thread that the UAE cars are mainly Euro spec. I always believed that we would be much closer to the US spec in the UAE.

Will there be any problem with bringing a US 997S to Dubai? What are the differences between the US and UAE Spec version, besides the Speedometer in MPH?

Thanks a lot!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:41 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't you heard of the new UAE rules?

They are banning 20 year old cars, and a car no more than 5 years old can be imported to UAE. With that said, imported card (not purchased from the dealer) can stay for 5 years in Dubai (or something like that).

Do some research into this first.

Also, i believe that the fan switch and thermostat is cooler, allowing the fans to kick in earlier (due to heat), otherwise known as Hot Climate Spec
Old 10-23-2008, 07:00 PM
smiler51
AutoX

Hi Hussam, thank you for the tip. I know about the new law, but it doesn't affect me much, as i will import a car that is younger than 5 years and won't keep for many many years, as you aren't allowed for the owner's name to change on the registration after the car reaches an age of 10 years.

I still don't think that this rule will apply to every car. There needs to be some implementation of mileage as well. Otherwise, a 12 year old 911 with little mileage will be useless ;-)

Anyways, the laws here can change from today to tomorrow, so let's see how everything will be implemented.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 AM
presbylux
1st Gear

Default Repairing car with USA specification Dubai-who is able to work on?

Hi everyone,

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe imported from Alabama with US specification.

I am in a trouble here in Dubai, I didn't find anyone able to work on US specification.

Some technicians in different garages told me that they don't have the software for US specification.

I tried 4 different garages the last on, has worked on.
But It's worse than before currently my car doesn't have powerful. ( It's a V6 but if you Push the gaze the reaction is not like a V6 it's like a small car)

I need to find a good garage able to work on a car with US specification.

Could you help me?

Quick Reply: UAE vs. US Spec