Notices

Need some help from UAE members

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:26 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need some help from UAE members

Hello guys. Have been circling around the idea of a Cayenne for months now. And being in Europe I cant help but get tempted with the USD /Euro parity although I know cars are of different spec.

In any case, in my search led me to a car in the UAE - thats United Arab Emirates. Its a silver Cayenne Turbo, with 32k kms.

Question that I have is
1) are cars that are sold in the UAE Eurospec? I would assume so but dont know for sure.
2) Is there a member out in or near Sharjah that could go over and check the car out? Apparently all service history is there, but would like to take it to the dealer for a thorough check up. Dealer is called Swissra.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks everyone.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Mazinger
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GCC cars are very much eurospec with only very little difference. I'm not sure if they can be registered in the EU though.

The Swissra guy claims his cars are from guess where..... Switzerland!!!! all the cars with him are eurospec, but I can't be sure from which country.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:57 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing is first

Cars in the ME are based on Euro Spec, but have slightly different or modified items. Such as most probably they would be equipped with a lower thermostat and-or a lower switch for the radiator fans to make them kick in early.

I am not sure if that is the case with Porsches, but with the newer BMWs it is, since there is a 'Hot Climate Spec' option that comes standard.

Secondly, i don't trust any car in Sharjah, just too many cars there are imported from Japan and America. Just because a service history is available doesn't mean that the car is clean
Old 02-16-2008, 07:14 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

well its too late car's on the way and stuck in alexandria as we have port stikes here... i willl keep u posted when it comes!!
Old 02-18-2008, 03:14 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dianic
well its too late car's on the way and stuck in alexandria as we have port stikes here... i willl keep u posted when it comes!!
If i knew it was going through Alexandaria port, i could have helped you out since i have contacts there.

But then again, it may not do any good thanks to those strikes, but you will never know?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:50 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

well its stuck there. needs to be transfered to Port Said and then come to Piraeus. But the ships wont leave there until the strike is done with, they cant risk arriving here and not unloading their cargo... so they are staying there.
I am so tempted to load it on a dam plan, but I fear that will cost an arm and a leg.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:17 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

I can imagine the feeling!

Quick Reply: Need some help from UAE members