Sponsored by:

R7's and chassis setup - the week after

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 04:16 PM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
I would stiffen the front sway, soften the rear sway if it's oversteering too much. My car came with rear set at nearly full stiff front at nearly full soft and it was a handful. I'm now at one from full stiff on the front and full soft on the rear and it's very neutral.

I'd run a bit more front negative camber if you can. Around -2.8 to -3 would be better with Hoosiers. I think your starting pressures might be a tad low, try something like 25R 27F cold and bleed them off to low 30's when hot.

What lap times are you running at COTA on the R7s?
Good input on swaybars. Will play with those this weekend.

Times: Never got an open lap at PCA with right pressures (too overinflated on the first runs), cumulative time at last session and extrapolating the gains through T6 to all remaining twisted sectors would predict 1.5 to 2 sec off the MPSC2, that would take it to 2:26ish at best. But not yet feeling very comfortable in pushing the R7's as much as I do on the SC2.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:17 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

More rear toe in. Should help with rear stability.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:41 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 748 Posts

Sorry, coming to this thread late. I agree with Cory about adding more rear toe in. Also go to zero front toe. See how this works IMO before chasing sway bars.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:52 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 491 Posts

The most effective and efficient way to optimize your car set-up for a specific track is work with a pro, data and a shop that has good track support and experience on your type of car. The pro driver can help you calibrate your butt to what is holding you back from going faster set-up wise and the mechanics will be able to make quick changes to various set-ups throughout your day.

It's sounds expensive but it eliminates the guessing game that usually prolongs finding a good compromise solution and enhances your learning experience. Just saying....

Last edited by Frank 993 C4S; 03-17-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:38 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

^ Yes, yes, and yes (Cory, Dave, Frank).

Also a good idea to spend a day doing 'sweeps' with both your shock (if adjustable) and sway adjustments so that you get an understanding of what impact the adjustment ranges have on car balance and behaviour at corner entry, mid, and exit. Keep a wee notebook (Dave has a 'my little pony' one) and record your impressions.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:43 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 748 Posts

You're just jealous
Old 03-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Also a good idea to spend a day doing 'sweeps' with both your shock (if adjustable) and sway adjustments so that you get an understanding of what impact the adjustment ranges have on car balance and behaviour at corner entry, mid, and exit. Keep a wee notebook (Dave has a 'my little pony' one) and record your impressions.
Bingo! Yahtzee!

This is the key to understanding how to setup your car. It's how the pros know and you'll someday know (or not).

Quick Reply: R7's and chassis setup - the week after