Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bearing grease

Old 04-02-2017, 04:05 PM
briankk
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bearing grease

What wheel bearing grease is used in NASCAR Monster Energy Cup racing? Talkin' very heavy, very fast cars here, that can melt the tire at certain tracks..
Old 04-02-2017, 05:57 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

No idea, however NEO and Redline are among the finest you can buy for wheel bearings. There are some grades of Krytox that would work too however that product is very $$ and can be toxic if you breathe the fumes when hot.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 758 Likes on 498 Posts

No idea what they use, but I can tell you a number that they don't! I've killed a lot of different greases in front wheel bearings. I have a few new things I'm trying. I'll now better in a couple of months if they work.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:36 PM
briankk
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got to apologize to you guys, when I posted this, I didn't realize it was a Porsche site, I wasn't paying attention. A friend and I were discussing his Subaru SVX, a portly Japanese touring car known to kill their rear wheel bearings, which until recently, were expensive. I suggested he pack 'em with Aeroshell GR22, as close as you can get to the Aerosshell GR16 I used to use in my Lotus-Ford formula car, back in the day. The stuff was developed as a wheel bearing grease for the Boeing 707, which comes fallin' out of the sky weighing about 150,000 lbs, going 200 mph when it touches down, and it does this over and over, rain or shine. I reckoned that that stuff would likely do for my Lotus, never had a spot of bother with bearings in that car.. Later, I got to thinking that NASCAR was likely even worse on bearing grease, so I thought I'd ask. I also thought that those who know probably wouldn't tell, but electrons are cheap... So anyway, sorry to butt in here. FWIW, I always thought the Porsche 911, in all it's iterations, is the best road going sports car ever made,, and if I had the money to buy one, I'd buy an Beck 550rs kit instead.. So long, Brian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bearing grease