Sponsored by:

AiM System Assistance Sought

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 10:08 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Just send them an email, box it up and UPS it tomorrow. They'll help you out.

Good luck this week in Florida, Frank! I'll be watching from afar.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-17-2017, 03:00 PM
ML///
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
It sounds like what you want is a split report with a custom map. If these videos don't help, please post back and we'll get you going.
Hi Matt, I watched those videos and I was aware of those items. I was more curious about understanding how to utilize the CSV file to compile a sector assessment outside of the Aim software.

My assumption is I can build a much faster data analysis tool to compare multiple user's data to identify key trends more easily. The CSV file is much smaller in size than the .drk file from Aim.

My biggest issue is how to leverage the GPS location coordinates and create the sectors and isolate the start / finish line. Maybe I'm overlooking something in the data, but if you have more experience in it, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Another reason for getting into this is my computer crashes at times when playing with Aim's software and then other friend's cannot access Aim with their MacBooks. So in my mind, MS excel is a common standard.

I hope this makes sense.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:15 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by ML///
Hi Matt, I watched those videos and I was aware of those items. I was more curious about understanding how to utilize the CSV file to compile a sector assessment outside of the Aim software.

My assumption is I can build a much faster data analysis tool to compare multiple user's data to identify key trends more easily. The CSV file is much smaller in size than the .drk file from Aim.

My biggest issue is how to leverage the GPS location coordinates and create the sectors and isolate the start / finish line. Maybe I'm overlooking something in the data, but if you have more experience in it, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Another reason for getting into this is my computer crashes at times when playing with Aim's software and then other friend's cannot access Aim with their MacBooks. So in my mind, MS excel is a common standard.

I hope this makes sense.
I haven't done any sector analysis outside RS2. If I was to, I would still do the split report with whatever segments I wanted to look at, then export it to Excel and further analyze. I think it would be tough to do with just the CSV file, but I'm not a programmer.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:14 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
If I was to, I would still do the split report with whatever segments I wanted to look at, then export it to Excel and further analyze.
Exactly.

I use S.T.A.R.S. Pro, RaceDataPower or SOVADat to further leverage the raw data, no reason to reinvent the wheel.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:40 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Exactly.

I use S.T.A.R.S. Pro, RaceDataPower or SOVADat to further leverage the raw data, no reason to reinvent the wheel.
STARS Pro from Bob Knox? Don't remember a data component to it, but it's been a while since I've used it.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:57 PM
cmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The AiM folks delivered... I sent the bad SmartyCam and got back a fresh refurb and only had to pay the shipping. Pretty good service!

I've managed to get the camera to work but none of the data is overlaying on the video as yet. I hooked up the SmartyCam to the PC first, chose an overlay type, then installed in the car. After that I connected to the MXL dash and opened Race Studio 2 to verify it saw the SmartyCam. All the inputs seemed to be there... Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks again for all the advice!

-Corey
Old 02-19-2017, 03:56 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cmac
The AiM folks delivered... I sent the bad SmartyCam and got back a fresh refurb and only had to pay the shipping. Pretty good service!

I've managed to get the camera to work but none of the data is overlaying on the video as yet. I hooked up the SmartyCam to the PC first, chose an overlay type, then installed in the car. After that I connected to the MXL dash and opened Race Studio 2 to verify it saw the SmartyCam. All the inputs seemed to be there... Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks again for all the advice!

-Corey
Receive the config from the dash. The in the configuration page top-right will be the smartycam button. Click that and make sure the right channels are being transmitted. Then make sure the channels are right in the smartycam.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:12 PM
cmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Matt. Looks like all was well... I didn't realize I had to select the overlay on the Smartycam itself. It looks like I've got brake pressure, throttle position, and everything else I could want...

Can't wait to use it for real!

Quick Reply: AiM System Assistance Sought